Kaseya Community

AVGInetLite Command Box

• AvgInetLite.JPG
    I am sporadically seeing a minimized command window on our KES machines (I know it appears on servers, but am not certain about clients as I am touching them much less frequently) that references AvgInetLite. When I maximize the windows, I see something similar to the attached image. This windows will stay on the machine for a few minutes usually, but I have at times found machines where there are numerous processes of this windows open at the same time, giving me the impression that they were never closed/completed.

Here is an example what the window contains for those who dont want to view the attachment:
    AvgInetLite 8.3.1 - update files downloaded, AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o, 2008
    AvgInetL is not able to download file w8tb323hg.bin
    AvgInetL is not able to download file w8tb323r268hp.bin

Does anyone have any information as to what this is? Is anyone else seeing this? We really like to limit the amount of items that appear on the end users’ desktop and would like to find out if this is as intended, what it means, and/or if there is a way to have this not appear.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Andy

Legacy Forum Name: AVGInetLite Command Box,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • This is only run on a machine that acts as a file source for updates / installs for AVG. That is typically a file server.

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Watch out for this bug! If you are seeing multiple command windows on a File Source (server or workstation), then you are most likely experiencing a known bug with Avginetl.exe. This process is used to retrieve updates from AVG's site (FTP I think).

This Avginetl.exe process was continually downloading, then deleting, update files from AVG. It was sucking the life out of our customers Internet bandwidth. If I had not been paying attention, I might have just written off to ISP problems.

I have asked Kaseya to use their own Network monitoring or reporting tools to help catch this bug, as I GUARANTEE it has/is affecting plenty of customers. I was just "lucky" enough to stumble into this bug on all machines that were set to be a File Source under Patch Management (always a server in our case, but could be any machine).

I'll let Jeff explain the bug in more detail, but it took multiple updates/fixes to get this one sorted out... I hope it is permanently fixed, because my customers were not happy about their Internet bandwidth degrading so much Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • After I read Jeff's post, it did click that I can only truly remember seeing this on the machine where the Patches are being stored so thank you for that...

We definantly have it occuring multiple times on the same machines as Mike mentioned... Jeff, can you pass along more info on the bug he in mentioning?

Andy

Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • Thanks for the info about continually downloading files... I will definately have to look in to that.

Just posting to say I have seen this behavior as well on file servers running as the patch source.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Its coming...the code is in....just wrapping some fixes to the alerts and we'll get this code drop released

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff.Keyes
    Its coming...the code is in....just wrapping some fixes to the alerts and we'll get this code drop released

Jeff

Thanks! KES 2 or 2.1?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex