Kaseya Community

KES 1.2.....Final Week!

• The official word from AVG is all support AVG 7.5 will end on May 1. This means that all KES 1.2 endpoints (which include AVG 7.5) NEED to be upgraded.

Contact support if you have any struggles in this effort

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: KES 1.2.....Final Week!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • We have several systems running the old version. What happens if we don't upgrade in the next week?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • If you *don't* update them to KES 2.0 / AVG 8, then they will no longer receive virus defintion updates from AVG. I'm unclear on how long they will continue to protect the machines.

In addition to that, we'll be changing our license key structure over soon such that we'll be using the newer AVG 8.5 license keys. At that time, I'd imagine the 7.5 endpoints won't like the newer licenses....not sure what they'll do with the newer license keys at the moment.

I'm posting this here for a couple of reasons

1. Get everyone updated with the latest versions of AV protection. At this point, you have 1.2 endpoints deployed and are paying for it. The level of protection using KES 2.0/2.1 is FAR superior...its like you are getting half of the protection.

2. See if I'm missing some scenarios by the feedback.

• Jeff.Keyes
    If you *don't* update them to KES 2.0 / AVG 8, then they will no longer receive virus defintion updates from AVG. I'm unclear on how long they will continue to protect the machines.

In addition to that, we'll be changing our license key structure over soon such that we'll be using the newer AVG 8.5 license keys. At that time, I'd imagine the 7.5 endpoints won't like the newer licenses....not sure what they'll do with the newer license keys at the moment.

I'm posting this here for a couple of reasons

1. Get everyone updated with the latest versions of AV protection. At this point, you have 1.2 endpoints deployed and are paying for it. The level of protection using KES 2.0/2.1 is FAR superior...its like you are getting half of the protection.

2. See if I'm missing some scenarios by the feedback.

We need a little more time for the key part. I am not worried about the definitions, as the machines we have left out there are low priority on virus protection, but they are mission critical machines that are difficult to get downtime.

So basically, I am fine with loosing updates for a while. When will the new keys go out? I really need a cutoff date. Business is so busy right now and timing is critical.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I'm hoping for the new keys in the coming weeks. Are there reasons to *not* upgrade at this point?

Jeff