Kaseya Community

Network Scanning

• Does KES try to scan the network/mapped drives as well? I remember Symantec Corp had an option to disable network scanning.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Network Scanning,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • We're having the same issue.
    Any resolution?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TDAI
  • I wish I could find out.

• Yes, KES scans network drives. The only way to avoid this is to setup folder exclusions for the root of the drive.

It's a huge PITA and I don't understand why any AV product still exists without the option to auto ignore mapped drives.

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • rwitt
    Yes, KES scans network drives. The only way to avoid this is to setup folder exclusions for the root of the drive.

It's a huge PITA and I don't understand why any AV product still exists without the option to auto ignore mapped drives.

Thanks Rwitt. Does AVG itself have an option to not scan network drives or is it just the Kaseya interface?

• I think that both lack the setting.

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • What is the Best Practice for disableling mapped drives scanning, yet still scanning the drives on Servers? (I.E. Servers with a Drive letter of F where the workstations use F: as a Mapped letter... any suggestions?

Legacy Posted By Username: ahana@axcelltech.com
  • ahana@axcelltech.com
    What is the Best Practice for disableling mapped drives scanning, yet still scanning the drives on Servers? (I.E. Servers with a Drive letter of F where the workstations use F: as a Mapped letter... any suggestions?

I suppose the best we can do currently in this situation is to have different KES profiles (PCs and Servers for example) with different exclusions applied. Sucks.

Does AVG8 have this ability?

• I had no idea AVG / KES would scan networked drives by default; talk about a way to bring a network to its knees.

Legacy Posted By Username: FCCSonline
  • Has there been any improvement in this area by chance?

• I have this as a feature request on AVG9.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff.Keyes
    I have this as a feature request on AVG9.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

• Wow, I had no idea that AVG/KES scanned all network drives.

We are currently evaluating switching from Symantec to KES. Symantec definately has a way to exclude scanning of network drives - we use it all the time. I have to imagine that this has got to be a decent size performance hit.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Just wondering... does this apply only to real-time scanning? or also scheduled scans?

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I would assume only real-time, but am not 100%.