Kaseya Community

KES 2.0 and terminal Server

• Anyone had any good/bad experience installing KES 2.0 (AVG 8) on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server?

Cheers,
    Jono.

Legacy Forum Name: KES 2.0 and terminal Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pcking
  • We recently had a quirk pop up with a Citrix server and KES 2.0. Almost every day we found certain services were stopping (like the browser service) and we had to restart them. Once we removed K from this server that issue went away.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We had a lot of trouble with KES 2 on Citrix and Terminal Services. Specifically the whole Outlook plugin and the Kaseya Security Agent kept failing. The recent updates seem to have fixed the issues. Make sure you install with a Workstation style profile. Let it update, reboot and make sure it all works (especially Outlook).

Be ready to uninstall if necessary and remember that it will probably auto-force a reboot if you do uninstall. So, don't let users back on until you verify it is working.

Legacy Posted By Username: vchurch
  • Thanks for your replys. Sounds like I should proceed with caution. Will convert a backup of this Server into a VMware machine and try the upgrade in this test environment first.

Cheers,
    Jono.

Legacy Posted By Username: pcking
  • I would highly recommend against installing KES on Citrix or TS. We've had nothing but problems and have reverted to another AV package on these servers. We actually had KES SP2 remove Citrix servers from the farm multiple times. We'd get them fixed after much help from Citrix, reinstall KES and boom, right back out of the farm. We're waiting on AVG 8.5 to test on in case it's been fixed.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsammons@acropolistech.com
  • Wow - that sounds super scary.

Can you open a ticket on this? I'll work with AVG on getting you a copy of AVG8.5 to test with as well (but i'm not expecting that much different in what you will see in this case). We just need to figure out what is going on so that we can get the issues fixed.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • jsammons@acropolistech.com
    I would highly recommend against installing KES on Citrix or TS. We've had nothing but problems and have reverted to another AV package on these servers. We actually had KES SP2 remove Citrix servers from the farm multiple times. We'd get them fixed after much help from Citrix, reinstall KES and boom, right back out of the farm. We're waiting on AVG 8.5 to test on in case it's been fixed.

What is another good AV package for TS?
    jsammons@acropolistech.com
    Wow - that sounds super scary.

Can you open a ticket on this? I'll work with AVG on getting you a copy of AVG8.5 to test with as well (but i'm not expecting that much different in what you will see in this case). We just need to figure out what is going on so that we can get the issues fixed.

Jeff

Would it still integrate with Kaseya if we have a higher version (8.5)?

*edit* just read more into it, looks like 8.5 will be out in march
    jsammons@acropolistech.com
    We had a lot of trouble with KES 2 on Citrix and Terminal Services. Specifically the whole Outlook plugin and the Kaseya Security Agent kept failing. The recent updates seem to have fixed the issues. Make sure you install with a Workstation style profile. Let it update, reboot and make sure it all works (especially Outlook).

Be ready to uninstall if necessary and remember that it will probably auto-force a reboot if you do uninstall. So, don't let users back on until you verify it is working.

How woudl you configure a "workstation style profile"?

Thanks, we are just testing KES now, I am sorry for the uninformed questions.

Legacy Posted By Username: fedsolutions