Kaseya Community

Version numbers

• I am testing KES in our environment before rolling out to clients. The machines are all on different versions, and even a manual update will not gat thema all to the same version,. There is one machine in black that has the current available, and all of the others are behind, and a manual update will not bring them to the same version. is this a cause for concern, and how do we conclude what is an appropriate version if it is not the latest?

Carl

Legacy Forum Name: Version numbers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: clomele
  • There is a small gap of time (Mon / Tues) where the version number reporting will not be correct. We had anticipated the AVG SP3 release which is now being postponed until March....so....we have a fix to work around that being released today.

How to ensure that the endpoint has the latest version?
    - Reboot the machine - check the vesion.
    - Check the AVG UI -->Help-->about

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • If this will be resolved, it is no big deal. I have the UI disabled on client machines. One of the most attractive features of KES is the ability to not have the taskbar icon, and therefore the multitude of error messages displaying to the client PC's

Carl

Legacy Posted By Username: clomele
  • In KES 2.01, the plan is to have the notification options such that you can pre-set what system tray notifications (toasts as I like to call them) show up.

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes