Kaseya Community

KES Service pack problem

• We are rolling out kes 2.0 to our customers - they are calling and complaining about outlook avg plug-in errors -- -- I opened a case with tech support -- they pointed be at kb article http://kb.kaseya.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=300814&r=0.8144495

which basically says SP2 is breaking outlook plug-in and causing problems with scans -- and the only fix is to disable the outlook plug-in and hope for the best when you schedule a scan --

Can someone at Kaseya please give us more details on this, we stopping our rollout of 2.0 until this gets fixed. Nothing worse than getting calls from our customers asking us why we are messing things up on their computer.

Legacy Forum Name: KES Service pack problem,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gcappas
  • hi gcappas -

we rolled out an update to correspond to the AVG update (SP2) but in a very few cases (such as your server), the updates from Kaseya didn't get applied in time to match with the AVG updates. The key problem folks would notice is if you did a rollout of new endpoints today (and only today).....which again matches your situation.

At this point, I've updated your server with the latest hotfixes. They will be moving the latest installer from AVG down to your KServer which will then be used to install the endpoints...which will then work for scans, profile updates, and the Outlook plug-in.

I apologize for this timing mix up on your roll-out.

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Thanks Jeff -- Our clients pull updates/kes from their local file server -- do I need to do anything in that scenario?

thanks

George

Legacy Posted By Username: gcappas
  • I just installed KES on a machine today to see if the problems still exist. The computer failed to load the profile and is giving errors on the Outlook plug-in. Can we get another status update on this issue today? This problem has consumed 80% of my time since Monday morning.

Legacy Posted By Username: daniel@l1n.com
  • Nevermind. I just found the information I am looking for in another posting:

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/94/t/9286.aspx

My server was missing the hotfix.

• I posted this in another forum, but I figured I would go fishing for responses here as well:

I just manually removed AVG from a computer and then installed the new version. The profile loaded correctly, and the AVG email scanner is no longer throwing errors when I open Outlook. However, the new install did not update itself automatically. (The Kaseya interface shows "failed update" when I try to do a manual update) I still have to launch the AVG UI and manually tell the software to update. A reboot was required before the security status page in Kaseya would show the correct definition version. I still don't have a good feeling that Kaseya is interfacing with AVG correctly.

Is anyone else still having problems after the hotfix?

• what version of the KES service is running on the endpoint?

i.e. 8.0.233 270.10.16/1930 [KES 2.0.0.66]

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes