Kaseya Community

AVG and Kaseya Remote Desktop Helper - krlyclis.exe

• There seems to have been some update to AVG that is causing the Kaseya Remote Desktop Helper to be caught by the resident shield. The file's location is c:\doduments and settings\%username%\local settings\temp\krlyclis.exe

I have tried excluding that path from KES however the problem persists. I have tried restoring the file under threats as well as adding it to the PUP exclustions...I have had to switch off my resident shield to be able to use remote access.

Not ideal...
    This is happening on both KES 2.0 and standalone AVG.

Anyone else having this problem?

Legacy Forum Name: AVG and Kaseya Remote Desktop Helper - krlyclis.exe,
    Legacy Posted By Username: giancarlo
  • I encountered this for the first time this morning. Absolute pain in the backside.

Anyone come across a solution yet?

Neil.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NeilFord
  • Having the same problem here. Maybe this should be moved to the General forum. This doesn't relate directly to KES as much as it does AVG's definitions.

We're running AVG 7.5 or 8.0 on most of our clients that don't have KES yet. I'm sure KES uses the same virus database so someone at Kaseya needs to inform AVG of this error right away otherwise our remote control is crippled.

Legacy Posted By Username: oitcomputing
  • The temprary fix is to disable the Resident Scanner. Far from ideal as it does leave the PC exposed, but it does mean you can get in to fix other things.

We aren't using KES but we are an AVG Reseller, so this is inconveniencing a load of our customers.

Neil.

Legacy Posted By Username: NeilFord
  • We have confirmed that KRLYCLIS.EXE is being detected as trojan by AVG, and this has been reported to AVG.

This affects KES and stand-alone AVG installations.

As a workaround you will need to do the following on any machine you initiate Remote Cntl from: -

1) disable AVG 'Web Shield' component if its installed
    2) disable Resident Shield OR add the following directories as exceptions: -
    - agent temp directory (e.g. c:\temp)
    - user temp directory (e.g. c:\users\\appdata\local\temp)

Kaseya Support

Legacy Posted By Username: dwalsh
  • OK i just posted the same thing to the general forum... I didn't think to check here because "SURELY THIS WOULDN'T AFFECT KES"... oops

I just deployed KES2.0 to a bunch of folks... if this means I can't remote to their machines, thats BAD BAD BAD...

Thanks Kaseya Support for jumping on this!

Legacy Posted By Username: chavousc