Kaseya Community

Cannot Update Through Proxy Server

• I have a customer who is using KES. We have installed correctly on Vista Business Workstations but they cannot update.

The workstations connect through a proxy on Windows SBS Server 2003 R2 using the ISA Server on there.

Where do I configure the proxy for AVG Updates? According to AVG it has to be configured in the Admin Control Panel but as we use the KES version there is no admin controll panel and no way to configure it from the KServer.

Any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: Cannot Update Through Proxy Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan
  • You can go into the AVG folder on the machine and run avgcc.exe - this will bring up the control panel on each machine and you can configure the proxy manually there ...

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • Hi Mark,

The update process normally uses either one of these servers:

update.grisoft.cz
    grisoft.cz
    akamai.grisoft.cz
    guru.grisoft.cz
    www.grisoft.cz

http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/doc/OTHERS/firewall_settings_for_AVG_profi/avg_fws_oth_en_75_1.pdf

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: Rob
  • Thanks Guys

Does anyone know if we will be able to configure this through the KServer in 4.9?

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan
  • I added the update sites to a rule allowing him, but it's still failing.

It blows my mind that I can do this fine on sites with non KES AVG, but through KES, which was supposed to make my life easier, I need to to into each machine to impliment the proxt settings.

Epic fail.

Legacy Posted By Username: FCCSonline
  • We only desire epic wins my friend. I've been able to configure ISA for AVG updates using this PDF:

http://download.avg.com/filedir/doc/AVG_7.5/LINUX_GROUP/NETWORK_GROUP/OTHERS/firewall_settings_for_AVG_profi/avg_fws_oth_en_75_1.pdf

I promise there's a kb article (296848) on the way. Just waiting for it to go live..

-Nick

Legacy Posted By Username: nick.nunez