Kaseya Community

Systems showing status of "ERROR"

• Under the protection column and users are reporting an error when opening outlook....

This is really making us look bad and the only solution seems to be to reinstall KES on the systems...

Any idea why this happens?

Legacy Forum Name: Systems showing status of "ERROR",
    Legacy Posted By Username: KRiSX
  • this occured on a few systems for us. it was only when kes had been loaded on a system that had not successfully fully removed sav. when sav was fully removed, kes then reported error and needed to be reinstalled. check the system for remnants of old av products.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nick.williams6@gmail.com
  • thanks for the reply... could be the case as the client did have SAV on before hand but I've just gotten the error on my own system and it is a clean install with no other antivirus ever loaded.

any other ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: KRiSX
  • Can you log a ticket for this? I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Jeff.Keyes

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Its annoying that the gui says ERROR and theres no way of knowing really what the error is.

Weve had a couple servers with KES on it. For no good reason, they are now in ERROR state. Ive checked the agent script logs on said machines, and they show a FULL SCAN seemed to run successfully the other day. Theres no indication of something going wrong from what appears in the script log.

I go to re-install KES onto said server, and it fails. I get on at least one machine:
    FAILED in processing THEN step 3, Write Directory, with error File Open Failed, Source = C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\av\KasAVCmd.manifest, Destination = C:\ktemp\kes\KasAVCmd.manifest

The machine did have SEP on it previously, but that was removed and KES was installed months ago. Its been uptodate and without problems for a couple months, til now.

What causes this? I have a ticket open with support: 117130.

Legacy Posted By Username: mariaworld
  • Hi Maria -

Nick is on this ticket now so we'll figure it out with you. I also believe we need much better information displayed than just *error*....so in KES 1.5, I've been fairly successful in removing all references to failed / error and replacing with more helpful information...

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • ... and we are holding our breath for the 1.5.
    Wink
    Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt