Kaseya Community

Removal of KES / Retrieving License From Dead Machines

• My understanding is that to retrieve a KES License you must remove via KES with the machine still online.

What about cases where a system fails and there's no way to uninstall the software off the machine? Is there a way to recover that license for use on another system?

Legacy Forum Name: Removal of KES / Retrieving License From Dead Machines,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JohnS
  • Oddly enough we just bumped into this ourselves this week. I opened a ticket; I'll report back what I find, when someone's able to respond... which, given the chaos post-K'08, may be a while...

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Ran into the same issue a few months ago. I was instructed by support that I needed to just delete the agent from the kserver.

Legacy Posted By Username: nick.williams6@gmail.com
  • I have a similar issue with this on my KES setup, however in my case the agent is still active however the person who owns the pc removed the KES software from their PC - so now when I try to remove the software from Kaseya it just fails each time as there is no software to remove on the pc.

So if you get a solution let me know.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Why not remove the agent but leave the account and then reinstall and then merge the new install into the old account? Labor-intensive but it might net you what you're looking for...

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • nick.williams6@gmail.com
    Ran into the same issue a few months ago. I was instructed by support that I needed to just delete the agent from the kserver.

Does this method work? I don't recall seeing any reusable licenses after I tried this.

Legacy Posted By Username: petey
  • Ran into the same issue a few months ago. I was instructed by support that I needed to just delete the agent from the kserver.

This method did seem to be working up until recently. When you removed the agent then a "reusable" license would show up under Install KES.

This no longer seems to be the case as far as I can tell.

Legacy Posted By Username: JohnS