Kaseya Community

AVG icons on desktop

• Does anyone have a simple method to keep the KES install from adding AVG icons to the desktop? We are in the process of migrating from a hosted solution to our own server and if I install the new version of KES on my clients in the process they will totaly freak out when they see the added stuff on the desktop. The 4.8 V of Kaseya did not add anything to the desktop when the KES was installed.

Legacy Forum Name: AVG icons on desktop,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kevingib
  • I was unaware KES installed icons on the dekstop.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gamer-x
  • Yep and they are AVG icons since that is the engine used. This is not good....

• We've installed KES on a fair amount of desktops and servers and I haven't seen the KES icon on a single desktop. I have seen it in an Outlook toolbar and in Exchange System Manager though.
    If I'm not mistaken I think there may be a script to remove it from Outlook if desired.

Legacy Posted By Username: dsecker
  • On vista machines the icons appear on the desktop but after several hours they disappear. It is almost like the last part of the install process cleans it up. When I posted I had just started pushing it to the Vista boxes and was quite alarmed.

• I am now up to v5 with KES, and I have pushed it to many computers, including Vista, and I have never seen anything on the desktop. I would recommend that you open a ticket with tech support, and please post back anything you find out.

Legacy Posted By Username: peterlandau
  • Actually I see the icon appear when the product is installing, it is then quickly removed during the install process.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj