Kaseya Community

Multiple AVGINETL.EXE processes running

• Multiple AVGINETL.EXE & AVGRSSVC.EXE services running.
    Currently running AVG Version 7.5.519 269.22.12/1373

We are not experiencing this issue in other environments running the same version of AVG.

Legacy Forum Name: Multiple AVGINETL.EXE processes running,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mwhite
  • avg.JPG
    We're seeing this too. If it matters, we haven't upgraded to 2008 yet.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kyle@comp-u-tron.com
  • Kyle,

All servers we were experiencing this on were running Server 2003 SP1, many of which were also running IIS. This weekend I updated one of the servers to Server 2003 SP2. We have been monitoring this server since and have not experienced the issue.

Please let me know if you are running Server 2003 SP1..

Thanks!

I looked at that screen shot and I did not see the 'AVGINETL.EXE' process running. We had many 'AVGINETL.EXE' processes running and they were increasing by 1 each day.

Legacy Posted By Username: mwhite
  • Actually this is happening on our XP machines. The only thing I attempted as a fix was disable and reenable security using the taskbar icon. Once I did that the only AVG process in task manager is avgamsvr.exe which is the monitor service according to a google search. At this point, Kaseya security tab and taskbar icon is reporting security(protection, file, email) is enabled but according to what I'm seeing in task manager, it is not. Makes me wonder what is happening in the field when our customers disable security while transferring large powerpoint files between server and laptops and then reenable AV.

Legacy Posted By Username: kyle@comp-u-tron.com