Kaseya Community

Hotfix 775 - Kserver crashed

• When I checked for hotfixes I received hotfix 775. The KServer immediately stopped responding and dropped all clients. After a reboot the processes all started, but none of the clients will connect back to the server. We are completely down. Kaseya tech support will not answer the phone.

Legacy Forum Name: Hotfix 775 - Kserver crashed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: daniel@l1n.com
  • daniel@l1n.com
    When I checked for hotfixes I received hotfix 775. The KServer immediately stopped responding and dropped all clients. After a reboot the processes all started, but none of the clients will connect back to the server. We are completely down. Kaseya tech support will not answer the phone.

What does you Kaseya\WebPages\install\kweb.xml show for Hotfix 775?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: hsamayoa
  • Ditto here... OMG this just keeps getting worse.

Legacy Posted By Username: vchurch
  • VChurch, I have been on the phone with Kaseya now for over an hour. I was told that more reports of this problem are coming in right now. The person I am working with is getting in touch with a developer as I type this. We may end up needing a hotfix for the hotfix in order to get back online. I will post the solution to this if we are able to find one.

• Well I'm actually very happy to report that Kaseya called me, before I could even call the support number. Guess they are monitoring these forums. They are currently RDP'd into our servers now, working towards a fix.

Considering everything, I'm impressed that they were proactive to this complete crash. This is the level of response to problems that we need.

Crossing my fingers, again.

• I just checked and ours is at 775 and appears to be working fine. Got lucky I guess.

Legacy Posted By Username: mwolter
  • It appears that this hotfix is indeed crashing Kaseya. Kaseya has pulled their update server offline until they can get the problem resolved. Running Kawebupdate on my server did not bring it back to life. One of the developers had to email me a patched kserver.exe file before my clients would start checking in again. However, since the update/hotfix server has been pulled offline I am stuck at hotfix 0. At least my agents are checking in.

• mwolter
    I just checked and ours is at 775 and appears to be working fine. Got lucky I guess.

We are also at 775 with no problems.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • It does not appear that 775 have caused any additional issues with our server. It's still running. It doesn't work, but it didn't work before 775 either, so +1 in the non-fatal column.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Receiving error:

"Check for hotfix run - kweb.xml failed to decode"

Is this a product of the update server being offline?

Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • Forget my previous post....as soon as I hung up the phone with Kaseya support my server when completely down again. I can't even login this morning.

• We are totally crashed again today - same deal as yesterday. Phones are ringing off the hook... I'm running out of excuses to my customers. Sad

• Just all rebooted, hotfix'd, and schema'd. Stable so far (10 minutes). Eek

• The source of the issue is not the hotfix. We are getting to the source(s) and will provide an update to this issue ASAP.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • This issue was not caused by a released hotfix. Hotfixes are minor in nature and in no way could a hotfix bring down a Kserver. The issue reported was the result of a very large AVG update released by Grisoft over the last couple days.

This issue has been isolated to systems that also had KES. The KES agent could go to either the Kserver or a local share to get the update. The Kserver monitors the availability of the AVG updates and then schedules a task for the KES agent to get the update. When the AVG update was released, the KES agents received the task to get the update. KES agents not set to pull the update from a file share, tried to pull the update from the Kserver. The available bandwidth was immediately consumed and the agents could no longer check-in.

A hotfix was released today to address this issue and prevent it from happening again. KES agents by default will go to the Grisoft site to get the update as the update becomes available.

As a reminder and suggested best practice, KES agents should be setup to get their updates from the same File Location defined for Patch retrieval within Patch Management.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya