Kaseya Community

Profiles Not Applying Correctly - KES AVG2016

This question is not answered

Ever since Kaseya started pushing out the new AVG 2016 the Profiles do not apply correctly nor do the install options.  All the unnecessary services such as Firewall, Web Protection, Link Scanner, and Spam Protection get installed and are active automatically.

Kaseya is there a fix for this asap?

All Replies
  • WindwardTech, we got exactly the same problem. We created and ticket about this problem and hope for a fix soon because we can't install any avg at the moment because of this.

• It is ridiculous Kaseya pushed out this new version of the software without any testing.  We tested and within 30 minutes realized there was a bug and it wasn't going to be useable. Setting the software profile options is about the most basic function you can do and they missed it!

• Totally ridiculous! How could they not provide management of the core functions of AVG 2016?!

We're suspending any server updates to AVG2016 as well.

• We have also this problem. Is there any update?

• Please do a work around. Go to Security > Configure > Define Profile > (select desire profile from drop down) > Under "File Types" > Select radio button Scan all files.

Now save it and try to apply. I hope this will work for you.

• Rajeev - unfortunately that doesn't help.  The Firewall, Web Protection, Link Scanner and all the stuff we don't want is still installed and active.

• Has this been fixed with 9.3.26? We are on 9.3.24 and not upgrading until this has been sorted.

Thanks

Craig

• Hello Craig,

We issue a ticket and got support from Kaseya. They applied a work-around so that we can install AVG without any Firewall etc. They said that the issue will be resolved in the upcomming Patch Release at the end of January or begin February.

Pieter

• I am on 9.3.0.25 and having this issue. It is causing RPC server errors on a server 2012 R2 as part of a hosted RDS service. This is probably the firewall.

I put in a ticket asking for the same fix, and will update as I hear back.

Marc

• Update: They do care! After some pushing I received from engineering a "disable firewall" executable, to push out via agent procedures. Not perfect but it is better to have a workaround than a broken system.

Quote:

"Our engineers have created a utility changes the 'Firewall Mode' to ALLOW ALL - which the AVG UI states means 'Firewall will not protect your computer, and all application traffic will be allowed. You may use this application through agent procedure at your own discretion on affected machines. It does not affect the two other configuration areas under AVG Firewall (File and Printer Sharing, and 'Connected To'). A command shell window will appear briefly and disappear on the endpoint PC.

You may use this application through agent procedure at your own discretion on affected machines. It does not affect the two other configuration areas under AVG Firewall (File and Printer Sharing, and 'Connected To'). A command shell window will appear briefly and disappear on the endpoint PC."

as far as fixing it:

"I have raise this issue to my internal resources and it has been identified to be a defect. It has been prioritized by our engineering team and will be addressed in a future release cycle as part of the normal process."

• Thanks for your updates. It is better to have a workaround than a broken system!

run 3 game, gmail sign up guide