Kaseya Community

Any easy way to sort by KES Upgrade Available ?

• As we are scrambling to ensure all of our KES installs are at the 2013 version to ensure definition updates through 12/31/16, we are looking for an easy way to sort by INSTALL STATUS - UPGRADE AVAILABLE

Creating views based on the avgui.exe or similar application filename, is not always accurate as their may be remnants from the AVG9 or other versions that are still evident on the machines.

Does anyone have a view or SQL Query to list machines that are not on 2013 or to sort on the Upgrade Available status

• Hi Adam,

We have the same with are KEs installs. What I did was create a Audit script (AP) that can run a Powershell script that looks for AVG 2012 installation on the machine and fill a custom field in Audit Machine Summary. After run the script on all client we create a Views that search for the Custom field with AVG 2012 ;)

• OK here goes with an SQL query for the data,

select vl.displayName, avf.AVClientVersion

from AVFeature avf

join vAgentLabel vl on vl.agentGuid = avf.agentGuid

where avf.AVClientVersion < '2013'

Voila, all AVG2012 , AVG9 etc. agents installed with KES (Will not pick up stand alone installs).

Corrected typo
    [edited by: Craig Hart at 3:27 PM (GMT -7) on Oct 3, 2016]
  • Craig thanks for the reply, and always value your input to the forums. This was exactly what we needed and ran great first time. Kudos....

• I have some installation problem with this..Someone help me???

• On our ksubscribers db this only shows all AVG 2012 installs. Reversing the '<  2013'  to '> 2013' gives me the AVG 9 and 2013 installs. Just a minor thing...

@yasminpriya if you're not familiar with SQL queries it's a bit dangerous to play around with. You can learn much, but it's very easy to mutilate your Kaseya database.. That said as a general disclaimer:

If you copy the 4 lines Craig posted, startup your SQL Server Management Studio, select the ksubscribers db, select a New Query and paste these 4 lines you should be able to run it...

This works on your local Kaseya SQL server. If you're on SaaS you should have an active support page, but I'm not sure if Kaseya welcomes me sharing that... And I'm not sure what is permitted on SaaS....

• We explicitly deny that OudjesEric, for obvious reasons.

• OK Dana, right you are... :-)

Just wanted to lay out the options here.