Kaseya Community

End of Support AVG 2012/2013 Announced by AVG Team

• We have been notified by AVG that support is ending in Oct & Dec for AVG 2012 and 2013.

This is extremely alarming that we weren't notified by Kaseya of a EOL product that we have a large investment in.

http://www.avg.com/content/campaign-landing-pages/us-en/discontinued-antivirus-and-internet-security

Which products are affected?

All AVG Business software prior to the current 2016 versions are affected.

End of Support dates for each version are shown below. On the date shown, the software will no longer receive any program or virus definition updates.

Support ends for the following products on Oct. 31, 2016

• AVG AntiVirus Business Edition (versions 9.0, 2011, & 2012)
    • AVG Internet Security Business Edition (versions 9.0, 2011, & 2012)
    • AVG Email Server Edition (versions 9.0, 2011, & 2012)
    • AVG File Server Edition (versions 9.0, 2011, & 2012)

Support ends for the following products on Dec. 31, 2016:

• AVG Remote Administration (versions 2013 & earlier)
    • AVG AntiVirus Business Edition 2013
    • AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2013
    • AVG Email Server Edition 2013
    • AVG File Server Edition 2013

I contacted our Account Rep who stated:

"The engineering team is committed to get the upgrade to AVG 2016 for 9.3 and 9.2 done in the next couple of months, before the end of 2016.  They don't have a specific date at this point.  I will keep you posted as I hear more"

PROBLEMS: By the time this is introduced into the VSA Core, we will have 1000's of clients that will require updates prior to the support end dates.

• Thi is greatly concerning. Hopefully Kaseya's devs will prioritize this issue ASAP. I am not too concerned with the Oct 31 date because any of us using 9.2 or higher have access to AVG 2013, but Dec 31 is a fast approaching date for upgrading a large number of endpoints.

• Hey guys,

We are aware of the dates, and will have the AVG engine upgraded so you have time to upgrade your agents before the Dec 31st date. For the Oct 31st date, we recommend people upgrade to AVG 2013, which is already a supported path in the product.

I can't give you a hard date yet on these module changes as we are still working with AVG to make sure we have feature parity with the capabilities. The whole reason we didn't already upgrade to the 2016 engine was at the time, they did NOT have the feature compatibility. We are working through those issues now.

• Thanks for this Dana!
  • Hey, just wanted to followup to see if there's an ETA date for AVG 2016 yet.  We've still got some AVG 2012's lying around that we need to upgrade, but I wanted to know if we could save some time, if 2016 is right around the corner.

• AVG 2016 (without the email extension) is planned to be released for 9.2 and 9.3 in the 1st half of December 2016.

• i just realized that november is almost over and we still dont have this in a patch. so even if your eta is correct, that gives us 2-3 weeks to convert all of our AVG installs? wasnt this supposed to be released in november?

i know personally we have close to 800 installs, so now i am planning 400 installs per week before support is dropped??

• A notice will be going out shortly that AVG has announce that the business version of AVG 2013 will not end of life December 31, 2016.  It will be extended to mid year 2017.  That is the version that Kaseya ships so there is not a need to upgrade all you installs by the end of December.

• A notice will be going out shortly that AVG has announce that the business version of AVG 2013 will not end of life December 31, 2016.  It will be extended to mid year 2017.  That is the version that Kaseya ships so there is not a need to upgrade all you installs by the end of December.

• there was promised to be an update in November, but there isn't. Will there be an update fort AVG 2016 for 9.2 and 9.3, or because of the extension of the support it's delayed / canceled.

• Can we get a response to @Marcel , we are trying to schedule a rollout and need to know Kaseya's plans...

• UPDATE - Kaseya Recommends Customers to Upgrade

In follow-up to the the October 6, 2016 announcement, Kaseya would like share a notification we have received from Avast:

Avast will end-of-life for all AVG 2013 business editions including those sold via partners to business on June 30, 2017.  The result of end-of-life for any edition of AVG 2013 is all anti-malware definitions and updates will stop on the noted dates.  The protection provided by the software and will degrade quickly therefore Avast highly recommends upgrading customers to the current version of AVG or Avast anti-virus prior to the end-of-life dates.

This means:

*AVG 2012 is now EOL.  All customers using KES must now be on VSA 9.2 or 9.3 using AVG 2013 to avoid exposure.  

*AVG 2013 EOL has been extended to June 30, 2017.  VSA Administrators now have until June 2017 to get the KES patch which utilizes AVG2016 installed.

*This patch will be available mid-December.  The mailbox extension will be made available in a patch at a later time, estimated January 2017

All patches and release notes can be found here:

9.2  help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

9.3  help.kaseya.com/.../RN

If you require technical assistance, please contact Kaseya Technical Support https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/

Customers wishing to use this as an opportunity to inquire about other Antivirus solutions offered by Kaseya, are encouraged to contact their Customer Success Representative.  

• @Marcel and @CastemaTech

KES using AVG2013 is supported/extended through mid-next year.  KES using AVG2016 will be available in mid-December on both 9.2 and 9.3.  If you are using the email extension, it will not be available until (estimated) January.  

At this point, you should have several months to plan your roll outs.  Did this clear things up?

• - I see AVG 2016 is now being pushed out on the new KES installs however the profile settings to enable/disable the various services do not work now.  All the AVG services are running automatically even after the install options and profile settings are set to disable.

Do you have a fix for this?

• This issue has been reported to AVG.  As soon as we receive a fix from them we will be patching this out.

Jim