Kaseya Community

AVG 2012 KES 2.3.0.6 Issues since Security Center Fix now there are Install Issues

• James, Thanks for sharing, glad to hear that.  I am going to test immediately.

Can anyone answer what happens if you have installed previous versions of KES with a company name specified and then update to AVG 2012 using KES 2.3?  I have been testing the KES 2.3 installs using the SAAS preview server, so I can't test the upgrade.

[edited by: eperson at 7:16 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 18, 2013] Fix Typo
  • What I did was do the uninstall through kaseya, then I run the uninstall tool from AVG's website to clean out the rest of the program.  Then I navigate to the prgram files and delete the AVG folder.  Not sure if it is all nessasary but I wanted to clean them out completely before reinstalling and fortunately I only pushed to like 20 machines.  

• I can confirm that not specifying a company name corrected the problem on the SAAS preview server,

• @ James,

I was wondering if you heard any updates from K Support over the past week?

Lloyd

• @lwolf, the fix that James describes above (community.kaseya.com/.../82530.aspx - i.e. not entering a company name in the install options dialogue) is currently the workaround we at Support are sending to customers.  

Long term, Development are working on updating to the code via hotfix. We will update this post when it happens. No ETA on that yet, though.

Thanks

Amado

• Amado,

Thank you for the reply.

One followup question... do you know if there would be a way to re-add the company name back to a deployed agent at a later time, say via Agent Procedure that edits a registry entry, if we do ot deploy using a company name via KES?  

We do like having our company name appear with the licensing information - to help show that this is software that we provide.  But I dont want to hold off on our KES2.3 upgrade any longer, and I dont want to have to reinstall via KES later. So I'm hoping its just a registry key somewhere.

Warm Regards,

Lloyd

• Hi Lloyd

Afaik, it can only be set during installation, but if you can submit a ticket, we will move it to AVG for confirmation. Yep, we need a ticket for that ;-)

Ping me the ticket# here when done.

Thanks

Amado

• Amado,

Thanks for the reply. Per your request, I just created ticket # CS148338.

Also a quick followup question.... this problem (additional AVG components being installed, such as firewall) has been reported to occur when a Company Name is specified for the Installation Options. Do you know if the problem also occurs if a User Name is specified?

Warm Regards,

Lloyd

• To all,

I received the following update to our t # CS148338.

==============================

Lloyd,

There is no option to set the Company Name and/or User Name after initial install.  Engineering is currently testing a potential hotfix, and we expect it to be sent to QA soon, with release to follow shortly after.  I would not expect release to be more than two weeks out at most, barring a regression.

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

==============================

I will post back if/when I receive any further udpates.

Lloyd

• I have worked with Kaseya support allowing them access to my server so they could do testing. They have worked with AVG and came up with a hotfix that fixes the company name issue. They applied the hotfix to our server and now we are able to use the company name during our AVG 2012 installs and it only installs the options we select.  So both I and kaseya support wanted to let the other readers know that a hotfix is currently being QA'd and should be released shortly.  I am sure Amado will update me or the forum once it has been released.  Thank you for everyones input throughout this post.

• James,

Thanks for the update, and for your help in working with K Support. Hopefully the fix will be released to us soon.

Lloyd

• Hi All

Just to let you know that we have posted hotfixes to address the following KES issues:

- Fixed Target Installation Directory not used when populated;

- Fixed Company name use causes installer to install all AVG component

Hotfix 5244-5250 (batch# 1860)

Please install latest hotfixes; if this doesn't resolve those issues, please update the relevant tickets.

Regards,

Amado.

• Amado,

Thanks very much for the update.  

One question... Do installs work correctly when specifying a User Name in the Install Options?  Or do we still need to avoid specifying a User Name?

Lloyd