Kaseya Community

Kaseya reporting that endpoint KES versions are out of date; AVG UI shows its up to date - can this be fixed without reinstalling the agents?

This question is answered

Good morning,

We have quite a few workstations at different locations with different clients where Kaseya reports KES is out of date (Script succeeded but never reported in), but the actual machine shows that it's up to date (Remote in, run avgui and check the version).

This also applies to machines where a previous Anti-virus existed (non KES) and KES was installed on top of it. For example, as a test I installed AVG free 2012, Kaseya didn't detect any anti-virus, so I told it to install KES - which failed because 2012 was installed - but after that point Kaseya reported that 2012 was installed on my machine, even after I ran the AVG removal tool. 

I've searched around and discovered that this problem can be rectified by reinstalling Kaseya on the individual machines, but my question is can this be fixed without removing the agents?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • I ended up resolving this issue by simply crushing (completely removing) the Kaseya agent and all traces of AVG.

In a couple of instances I was receiving an

<failure phase="install" item="" action="before_inst" severity="error" code="0xe001f2aa" message="MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue." />

Which was not caused by MSVC not being installed. I finally found that the solution was to copy the full installation package on to the machine and run it from the command line with a /NO_VC_REDIST - this forces the installation to skip the check and proceed as normal.

community.kaseya.com/.../AVG-removed-by-user.txt

This document was extremely helpful. If you follow that advice and need to locate your License key, simply go to a machine with KES installed and open up c:\Program Files\avg\avg9\avgui.exe

Click on Help > About > write down the license number and use it for the stand alone installation.

Once the installation is complete, perform an immediate install from the Kaseya interface - it worked for me on two machines which I had spent way, waaaay too much time on.

All Replies
  • I ended up resolving this issue by simply crushing (completely removing) the Kaseya agent and all traces of AVG.

In a couple of instances I was receiving an

<failure phase="install" item="" action="before_inst" severity="error" code="0xe001f2aa" message="MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue." />

Which was not caused by MSVC not being installed. I finally found that the solution was to copy the full installation package on to the machine and run it from the command line with a /NO_VC_REDIST - this forces the installation to skip the check and proceed as normal.

community.kaseya.com/.../AVG-removed-by-user.txt

This document was extremely helpful. If you follow that advice and need to locate your License key, simply go to a machine with KES installed and open up c:\Program Files\avg\avg9\avgui.exe

Click on Help > About > write down the license number and use it for the stand alone installation.

Once the installation is complete, perform an immediate install from the Kaseya interface - it worked for me on two machines which I had spent way, waaaay too much time on.