Kaseya Community

Monitoring - Thin Clients

• Hi All,

I am in a very frustrating scenario and I am hoping that someone out there can help me :)

We currently charge for managing HP Thin Clients that we have deployed in the past through our Managed Services plans.

My issue is we can't seem to find an effective way to manage these machines via Kaseya (we cannot install an agent on them).

Is anyone else out there charging for this type of machine and managing it effectively via Kaseya?

- For example, we want to attach information such as Warranty, Serial, Assigned User, Etc.

I know that we can do this by creating a blank agent however this is very limited (you cannot edit network information) and when viewing the Agent Status you cannot see who the last user was or who the machine is assigned to?

• P.S

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum? Don't know why that happened?

• Hi Luke.

Sounds that i need it too. Just testing a few thin-clients from hp.

• I did some experimenting with that recently.  I wasn't able to install the K-Agent to the hp thin-client, but I was able to install the LT agent on the Windows version of the HP thin client.  (We have a mixed environment here)  

I was also able to replicate that implementation with the flash drive replication or HP CMS.

I know that you can also use Altiris.

I'm not sure how useful it is.  I can see the state of the system (up or down) current IP address and gateway (helpful if it goes missing) .  I can manually add text about the system (ie the location).  But the beauty of a Thin Client solution is that the user login doesn't really matter.  It's not like I really need to VNC to the machine (though I made that work through LT as well).  For help desk support, I shadow their Term Server session, which is where everything happens anyway.