Kaseya Community

Trend Micro managed by Kaseya???

• Okay, just came across something interesting this morning.

I signed up for, and installed the Trend Micro agent for their remote management (an included feature with Worry-Free Business Security 6.0, and a free download for prior versions). This enables you to log in to a management site (hosted by Trend) and view and report on just about anything on all your managed Trend servers.

Okay, so what does this have to do with KES?

Well...In the management screen on the web site, there's a tab called "Kaseya-Beta".

Hmm....

Legacy Forum Name: Trend Micro managed by Kaseya???,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DNeuwir
  • I see this too. This would be a major plus if we can integrate these together. Info please!

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya End Point Security,
    Legacy Posted By Username: davispowers
  • Why don't you ask Trend since it's in their portal?

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • From Trend:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/WFRM-Kaseya-Integration.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: davispowers
  • Kaseya 6 is going to introduce plugins that software vendors can write, which will link into Kaseya. Hopefully this is what the "Kaseya-Beta" is.

At present I just set trend to write notifications to the event log, and get Kaseya to alert on these events, which work quite well. But a full integration of the Trend Console into Kaseya would be fantastic!!!!!

Legacy Posted By Username: eddy@dgs.com.au
  • So it looks like we can use this to create tickets in kaseya only, but at least it will mean we should be able to get tickets into connectwise quite easily. I'm hoping you can select what events get sent through or it might be a bit hopfeless.

Hopefully they don't stop there!

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • Ask the vendor if they're writing an addon for CW as well.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • eddy@dgs.com.au
    Kaseya 6 is going to introduce plugins that software vendors can write, which will link into Kaseya. Hopefully this is what the "Kaseya-Beta" is.

At present I just set trend to write notifications to the event log, and get Kaseya to alert on these events, which work quite well. But a full integration of the Trend Console into Kaseya would be fantastic!!!!!

Do you write to the event logs from the Client, or just from the Trend Console (Server)? If from the Client, how do you tell it to write to the event logs?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • I've just set up and email account so we can see what the emails from WFRM look like. Then we'll probably just point those emails at CW and see what happens.

I'm guessing that kaseya ticketing will be able to translate the email from trend so that the ticket easily gets logged in the right customer's name. Also looks like kaseya can filter out certain emails based on the text in them, which might be useful in cutting down any 'spam' received from trend notifications.

Need shadow protect to go in the same direction now!

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • Just ticketing?

That's a bit pointless. Trend can already send an email out which you can get your ticketing system to pick up.

Reports and Alerts would be more helpful.

Not that I didn't get my Trend monitoring nailed a long time ago Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • billmccl
    Do you write to the event logs from the Client, or just from the Trend Console (Server)? If from the Client, how do you tell it to write to the event logs?

Thanks!

Only on the server - I don't believe it is possible on the client.
    I also run a log parser on the client (for CSM v5) which notifies of any viruses that need action. V6 has changed the log files on the client and I haven't had achance to get it working on v6 yet.

• Which file do you check on CSM 5?

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • billmccl
    Which file do you check on CSM 5?

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\Misc\pccnt35.log

• DNeuwir
    Okay, just came across something interesting this morning.

I signed up for, and installed the Trend Micro agent for their remote management (an included feature with Worry-Free Business Security 6.0, and a free download for prior versions). This enables you to log in to a management site (hosted by Trend) and view and report on just about anything on all your managed Trend servers.

Okay, so what does this have to do with KES?

Well...In the management screen on the web site, there's a tab called "Kaseya-Beta".

Hmm....

I have seen this as well and would love to see some better integration than just tickets being created, like reporting, integrated deployment, replace KES, those would be good.

Legacy Posted By Username: scott.wilmesmeier
  • Our biggest gripe with Trend is the performance. When we started installing Trend back in 2005, our selling point was that it left Symantec for dead.

Sadly, Trend have gone to the dogs. WFBS6 is a pig of a product, I would rather run Symantec 11 and that's saying a LOT.

We have one client still stuck with Trend. I loaded an AVG trial on and the user suddenly stopped complaining about the performance of the machine. Put Trend back on and you should see my inbox!

Add-ons for Kaseya are great. However I don't care how Trend integrates with Kaseya because Trend itself is rubbish. This was one reason why we went with KES.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz