Kaseya Community

Enhancement Request

• After using KES for 6 months, here's my list. Overall, it's a great product.

1. Allow filename exclusion

2. Allow wild-cards in exclusion paths (i.e. *\somedirectory\*)

3. Sometimes applying profiles fails/fix or provide better instructions.

4. Better ability to exclude remote control software (but #1, and #2 would fix this).

Thank you,
    Isaac

Legacy Forum Name: Enhancement Request,
    Legacy Posted By Username: isaac
  • Those would be great. I'd also like to see a better way to handle Application Conflict when initially installing than having to audit, remove a single conflict, re-audit, remove another conflict, ad infinitum.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya End Point Security,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Would also like to see the Option to turn off the Office Scanning plug in.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Would like the ability to select specific folders/drives to run a scan on.

Legacy Posted By Username: rkniffin
  • We are locking in on KES 1.5 (under development now...slated for Beta 1 in July)

Inline comments

1. Allow filename exclusion
    >> Still playing with getting this into 1.5. If not in KES1.5, its a strong candidate for KES 2.0

2. Allow wild-cards in exclusion paths (i.e. *\somedirectory\*)
    >> Good idea. I'll add this to the list. If we do #1, then we'll likely do this as well.

3. Sometimes applying profiles fails/fix or provide better instructions.
    >>Working on this for KES 1.5

4. Better ability to exclude remote control software (but #1, and #2 would fix this).
    >> We are enhancing the PUP exception list to include a signature for excluded programs.

5. Those would be great. I'd also like to see a better way to handle Application Conflict when initially installing than having to audit, remove a single conflict, re-audit, remove another conflict, ad infinitum.

>>We are planning on uninstalling _some_ competitive products. We are also evaluating using the add/remove programs rather than the existence of the .exe on the harddrive.

6. Would also like to see the Option to turn off the Office Scanning plug in.
    >>Already coded for KES1.5

7. Would like the ability to select specific folders/drives to run a scan on.
    >>Currently in plan for KES 2.0. (We are still kicking around doing something in KES 1.5...but the focus is on the integration with AVG 8)

I hope this helps

Jeff.Keyes

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes