Kaseya Community

KES 3.0 Progress Update ???

• Chrisp
    it wont be NOD32, they just signed with another MSP software company (spoke with them this week).

Can you post a link to where this story is? I'd be interested to know what the competition is up to.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • ReedMikel
    Maybe the new AV vendor's company name also starts with a "K". Shhhh...

If it is what I think you're hinting at I'll be somewhat happy, I've had vew issues with them... the biggest was a licensing issue...

ReedMikel

ReedMikel
    it wont be NOD32, they just signed with another MSP software company (spoke with them this week).

Can you post a link to where this story is? I'd be interested to know what the competition is up to.

I would be interested in this too... I use NOD32 at home now and am very happy with it

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I think you might be on to something Cool

thirteentwenty
    If it is what I think you're hinting at I'll be somewhat happy, I've had vew issues with them... the biggest was a licensing issue...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • ReedMikel
    I think you might be on to something Cool

ReedMikel

and by vew I mean few =)

Onwand and upward HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

ps... this will be an interesting migration eh?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • That's an understatement Smile

thirteentwenty
    ps... this will be an interesting migration eh?

• In the past it would always appear that Kaseya would stick to the direction they were going in and damn the torpedoes.

The news that a second option is going to become available is perhaps a sign that the previous mindset is giving way to listening to feedback from customers and acting on it.

I'm sure a large part of the credit goes to Jeff Keyes given the very active role he has taken in KES.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Our Company has been running KES and have had nothing but issues with AVG so far. I'm really hoping that Another option will be worth while.

Legacy Posted By Username: JGarrison
  • Our Company has been running KES for about a year now, and has had nothing but issues with AVG so far. I'm really hoping that another option will be worth while.

Also in KES 3.0 will it be possible to Link in the install scripts to another script?

Legacy Posted By Username: JGarrison
  • well if we are shooting in the dark i will throw my hat in for an MSP integrated version of F-Secure.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • saybrook
    well if we are shooting in the dark i will throw my hat in for an MSP integrated version of F-Secure.

Shudder...

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • This seems to be worse than a rumor on facebook.

Does anyone actually have any factual information that Kaseya is looking at an alternative or 2nd vendor to work with on KES.

Regardless of how AVG does at finding viruses (crappy), and even with Jeff being the best informant on the forum (great), currently Kaseya can't make the integration with AVG anywhere near flawless let alone going back 3 years in development to try and start anew with another vendor.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • AVG is doing so poorly at identifying malware that I decided to use Kaseya's Audit->Application Blocker to block a list of the most common malware files. There's a good thread in this forum that several people have contributed to the "list" of appls to block. Someone even showed how to push a centrally maintained list from a KServer out to all agents via a K script. Thread is at: http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/114/t/5393.aspx

The downside with Appl Blocker is that it generates false alerts anytime a program (typically an AVAS program) checks for the existence of any file that happens to be on the Appl Blocker's list. To get around that bug, I disabled Protection Violation alerts on all agents.

Supposedly K is going to fix Appl Blocker in a future release of K2 so that the false alerts do not occur. It will not be fixed in K5.

• I agree, can we get an offical annoucement soon? I am currently pulling AVG 9 from an SBS Server that locked up for the 5th time. Can't keep doing this to my client. I came here in hopes I could at least install what Kaseya may be moving to.

Will just have to download a 30 Day trial and guess, hope I guess right...

Legacy Posted By Username: itgurullc
  • 2 months on and still no word. Come on Kaseya stop treating your customer base like mushrooms.. Many of us need to know this info to make informed decisions for our own clients..

Legacy Posted By Username: HTG
  • We have been complaining over and over and over and over again since Sept of 09 about how poor AVG both workstation and Server is and moreover, how poorly KES allows you to manage your workstations. We sold AVG Server version prior to Kaseya but the K product is a bit different and less informative.

We have asked, and asked and asked for support and have gotten very little help, and in the end, their montra is un-install and re-install. What a load....

Here we are June 2010 and still no resolution, and a limping product at best. ticket after ticket gets misaddressed and I spend more time explaining and re-explaining issues, like I have nothing better to do with my time.SadMad

Legacy Posted By Username: marcb