Kaseya Community

AVG9 SP3 and Server Lockups - A fix is coming

• I have an agent with KES/AVG version 9.0.730 271.1.1/2894 that was in reboot required status, that will not boot this morning. Same symptoms as before, it will boot and gets stuck at "Applying Computer Settings".

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Out of frustration the user just kept hard powering the server until it came up, took around 8-10 tries. I still have not heard back from Kaseya support.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • We got hit again with this issue on a Dell 2950 running Hyper-V and required multiple reboots and finally gave us the abiliyt to remove AVG in safe mode yesterday. What is going on here, what is the fix this time?

Joe Axne
    IT-Guru, LLC

Legacy Posted By Username: itgurullc
  • I have had this happening consistently, every day to a few days, on 3-4 servers. Considering I have 100 servers running avg, that's not bad, but it is a pain. I am going to deploy this script that should prevent it until a fix is found.

Jeff, I too believe it would be great to email all partners when major known issues like this occur. I'm sure we all spend HOURS PER ISSUE tracking this stuff down only to find out there's a forum post and it's been known for a week or two already by Kaseya. It would save us a ton of time, AND allow us to provide better support for OUR customers. In the end, they are the one who matters.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • cnwicsurrett , itgurullc , boostmr2,

Do you guys still have Cache Server enabled on your servers running AVG9? If so, I would recomemnd that you disable it. That was the "feature" that got changed with SP3 for AVG9, and started the whole server lockup issue back in March.

I worked a lot with Jeff Keyes and AVG support in order to troubelshoot the problem. AVG had said that they fixed the problem. But to be honest, I was chicken and never re-enabled Cache Server, after they said the supposedly fixed it. I just didn't want to deal with the risk of mroe lockusp of production servers. I know that's not really the best solution, but it was the easiest for me to chose, and dealing with so many lockusp for so long.

I had posted some K scripts here - for disabling and for re-enabling Cache Server. They worked fine for me, and for others. But as always, the standard warnings apply: you should reveiw them, no warranties implied, YMMV, etc.

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/94/t/9654.aspx

I hope this helps.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Yup, I had already pulled the script, tested and have run it on every server. It's been almost 24 hours now, no lockups yet, but only time will tell.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • boostmr2
    Yup, I had already pulled the script, tested and have run it on every server. It's been almost 24 hours now, no lockups yet, but only time will tell.

I can tell you that I have not experienced any server lockups since disabling Cache Server.

Please report back, and keep us posted.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Jeff,

Has this issue been resolved? We have been experiencing similar issues when servers locked up and the last thing that we can see was an AVG update.

Please advise.

Jorge

Legacy Posted By Username: jrojas@tek-help.com
  • [QUOTE=jrojas@tek-help.com;59512]Jeff,

Has this issue been resolved? We have been experiencing similar issues when servers locked up and the last thing that we can see was an AVG update.

Please advise.

Jorge[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I would either disable the cache server option or work with Kaseya support on it.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex