Kaseya Community

Ability to deploy KES a different partition?

• Is it possible to deploy KES to a different partition? I have this need on several servers that have small root partitions but plenty of room on a 'data' partition.

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Ability to deploy KES a different partition?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • [Edit: Ooops, thought I was replying to the BUDR thread in which you asked the same question, but about BUDR. The MSI install can be performed with KES too though, so I imagine this would work out the same way.]

I'm not sure how this would work out for you, but it's possible to install from the MSI directly if you transfer it to the agent yourself. Run the MSI and you'll get a GUI installer where you can select options (including install path, I believe). You will need to obtain your Acronis license key from Kaseya support prior to installation. Once you've installed Acronis and rebooted the PC, run the BUDR verify from Kaseya and it should see BUDR installed and online.

I've done the manual install with default options and everything worked out OK, but I've never had to switch partitions so I can't vouch for whether or not this works. Worst case scenario would be that Kaseya doesn't recognize the install and you just have to remove it and start over though.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • KES doesn't have a "verify" feature at the moment...we've been thinking about adding (I'd love to hear folk's opinion about it).

You can set the installation directory in the install options dialog on the install page.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff.Keyes
    KES doesn't have a "verify" feature at the moment...we've been thinking about adding (I'd love to hear folk's opinion about it).

You can set the installation directory in the install options dialog on the install page.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Somehow I didnt even notice that option. Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Jeff.Keyes
    KES doesn't have a "verify" feature at the moment...we've been thinking about adding (I'd love to hear folk's opinion about it).

Whoops, that's me looking stupid.

I would like to have a verify option in KES, similar to how the one for BUDR works. It's a nice failsafe in case Kaseya thinks KES isn't working anymore you can always force it to go and check the components.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar