Kaseya Community

AVG 8.5 coming....automaticallly.....soon!

• March 2nd is the proposed date from AVG. Get ready as the new client will automatically roll out across your endpoints.

This update will require a reboot.

Remember that even though the client reports needing a reboot, it is still protected. Reboot it at your discretion.

We have a hot fix coming out this weekend in preparation for 8.5.

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: AVG 8.5 coming....automaticallly.....soon!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Hi Jeff

Thanks for the information.

Is it just the 8.5 upgrade that will require the reboot,or does the preparatory hotfix require a reboot as well?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Do you have any information on the size of the update (small patch or full reinstall of KES)?

Any idea on the time this will roll out (Monday early a.m. or Monday night)?

We have dozens of laptop users that will need to pull this off our Kserver, just want to be prepared...

Thanks...

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • This is completely off-topic but..

It's nice to have you posting so often in the KES forum Jeff. You totally need to tell the other department/project/program managers to do the same in the other areas.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Ditto CeruleanBlue

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Agree, thanks Jeff you seem on top of it and it's good to know as we are ahead of the curve. As we are a proactive organization to our clients it's nice to see the KES team the same!

Thanks for the heads up and please advise when the hotfix will be released as I am using the Hosted version of your product and need to advise that team to push the upgrade once released in prep for next week.

Joe Axne

Legacy Posted By Username: itgurullc
  • Thanks!

The update to AVG 8.5 (from AVG8) will happen the same way other updates happen - via incremental files being applied to the endpoint. A reinstall will not be necessary...but a reboot will be.

I'm not super clear on the delta of the files required, but as I understand it, it will be just the new files needed for *that* installation. (If that machine has link scanner and link scanner needs an update, then no link scanner files are actually sent to that endpoint...at least that is how it was explained to me.)

I don't have any information on what time Monday nor confirmation that it will for sure happen on Monday.

Jeff

• In preparation for AVG 8.5, we are releasing a hot fix that includes the following things

1. An updated service that runs on the endpoints (2.0.0.81). Fixes spurious reboot required, error during updates, etc. It also prevents cookies from being pushed from the virus vault into the VSA server. This has been running in 2.1 environments already (mostly true..we made a small enhancement and it now also goes out into KES 2.1).

2. Update to script processing - when a machine is offline on a LAN share, we don't schedule extra scripts to update that endpoint (anymore Smile ).

3. API fix process update. We fixed up a mechanism that deploys an AVG component out to the endpoints to solve a problem with new installs using AVG 8.5.

Make sure you get this hotfix into your system.

• Just got hotfixes 2230 - 2251, are these the ones you are referring to?

Hot fix 2235 (updateListFrame.asp) failed. Tried another hotfix check, it tried applying just that one and failed again, saying "reattempt on next run"

Anything to worry about?

Jeff

BTW: Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • Hotfix 2235 is unrelated to KES. It only effects a monitoring page when displaying the French language pack. We mistakenly posted the wrong URL to download the hotfix file so the system could not find the file to download. We have corrected this so hotfix can not be found and applied.

Mark

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark.Sutherland
  • KES threads bringing out the big dogs Big Smile

Thanks for the updates guys!

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • I havent seen any KES updates on any of our systems as yet. Did the release get postponed, or are we just 'in a queue' waiting for the release to be pushed?

• Surfing the net would not work on a few computers until I rebooted them or disabled the Web Shield and Link Scanner.

Although, when I look at the version, it is still 8.0.237

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • 8.5.276 is the version that things will get updated to...but it is sprinkled out in pieces and not all at once.

If you want that version now, get KES 2.1. Smile

Jeff

• Hi Jeff

If we do nothing, (and dont manually upgrade to KES 2.1) how soon should we expect to see the update to KES 2.1 roll out? Or to put it another way when should we stop waiting and manually install KES 2.1?

Is there a download link for KES 2.1, that we can use?

Thanks