Kaseya Community

KES scan failures after 2 seconds. ErrorRegistryScan

• I just wanted to update everyone on this post:

AVG has acknowledged this is an issue within their product.  They have communicated that the scans are functioning and finishing as designed, however the status reported is incorrect.

We expect a fix from AVG by the end of the month or as soon as next week.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Oscar

Kaseya Support

• Thank you for the update, Oscar.

I have noticed that on KES 2.3 that AVG does report that it completes the scan. However, it does not report a scan completion in KES 2.2. Is what your mentioning only apply to 2.3 or does it apply to both?

• I have noticed that on both KES 2.2 and 2.3, AVG 9 will still fail out the scan:

5:53:17 PM 17-May-13 FullScanCancelled 1001

5:53:17 PM 17-May-13 ErrorRegistryScan

5:53:14 PM 17-May-13 FullScanStarted 1001

This is a different result that what the OP is getting, which based on the logs I can presume that they are running AVG 2012 on KES 2.3.

• Kaseya Support,

Just touching base, has there been any update on this issue?

Thanks.

• Hello,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us - AVG has released the fix for this issue:

"The update has been already released. If the issue still occurs, check version of file "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgcorex.dll". It should be 13.0.0.3184. This version contains the fix."

Oscar

Kaseya Suport

• Is this applicable to AVG 9 or just 2012?

• I have AVG 2012 (KES 2.3).   Writing to confirm that the hotfix ressolved this issue.

• It appears to have resolved the issue in AVG 9, so I presume 2012 is included as well.

• I have spot checked a number of my systems and it appears this issue has been resolved.

Thanks!