Kaseya Community

KES 2.3 / AVG2012 and Windows Security Centre

• Guys - Sorry for the lag here.  Given my new role, I've not stayed on top of the forums as much as I'd like to....if i ever miss anything else, always feel free to drop me mail at jeff.keyes@kaseya.com

AVG now has a repro and a fix coming for this problem....I'm working on timelines for it.  Current estimate is in a couple of weeks...trying to push that earlier.

• Jeff,

Hi, just checking.... any word from AVG on a fix for this issue?

Lloyd

• Jeff,

any update on this?

Richard

• We too are eager to get AVG 2012 pushed but don't want to deal with client concerns of warnings from Window System Center. I just emailed Jeff directly looking for any update since we are at that two week mark estimated for a fix.

• Has anyone else noticed that the 6.3 SOFTWARE SECURITY AUDIT report template also doesn't recognise that KES 2.3 (AVG 2012) is installed on any machines???

This report template appears to draw its information from the Windows Security Centre, so of course since AVG 2012 doesn't register with security centre, the report fails to detect AV on the machine.

Poor form, Kaseya.

• Hey Jeff,

Below is your post from a couple weeks ago stating AVG had a fix coming out for this issue (Current estimate is in a couple of weeks) but you were going to try to push it for an earlier date.  Well it has been a couple weeks and we have heard nothing from AVG with a fix or any update from you.  It would be nice if you could at least update us with where they are at and why yet another proposed date and fix has been missed.  It is hard being an MSP telling clients that issues will be fixed soon that end up dragging out for months.  Also I sent you an email directly a few days ago with no response as did another in the forum.

Please help us out here!

Guys - Sorry for the lag here.  Given my new role, I've not stayed on top of the forums as much as I'd like to....if i ever miss anything else, always feel free to drop me mail at jeff.keyes@kaseya.com

AVG now has a repro and a fix coming for this problem....I'm working on timelines for it.  Current estimate is in a couple of weeks...trying to push that earlier.

• After meeting with AVG this morning, we found that AVG found an issue with the fix the day before they had planned to release, and are working to resolve the issue found.  

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

• OK - word from AVG is that they have the installer package in test - to be released in the next day or two.  Once there, it will download to Kaseya VSA servers the day following.  All of this points to the problem being resolved this week for NEW installations

For existing installations, an update will ensure that the Windows Security Center registration is completed after every restart.  This means that after the machine reboots, things will be registered.  I don't believe this update will REQUIRE a reboot...but...in order to get it registered correctly the machine will need a restart.

You will be looking for build version 2238 or beyond.

2nd problem:  The audit performs a query of the Windows Security Center settings as part of the BASELINE scan.  Baseline scan by default only runs when the agent is installed (UGGHH!).  I'm working on getting a fix timeframe for that one as well.  In the meantime, if you want to see the latest Windows Security Center settings, you'll need to re-run the baseline audit and it will pick up the current settings

• Jeff -> So glad to hear progress is being made on this, and that a fix is (hopefully) around the corner!  Please post back once you can confirm that the fix has been released and is downloading to K servers.

Community -> Thanks for everyone's help in keeping the spotlight on this issue.  For those of you who have already deployed KES 2.3/AVG2012, I would love to hear you confirm that the fix(es) work.  I'm going to hold off on upgrading to 2.3 until I get some independent confirmation from the community that the problem is solved.

Warm Regards,

Lloyd

[edited by: lwolf at 3:49 AM (GMT -8) on Jan 30, 2013] fixed typo
  • Since AVG 2012.0.2238 271.1.1/5572 now it does show up in security center.  Now there are other issues, since the fix with security center now it does not pay any attention to the options selected for install, instead it installs all options for AVG (Email Scanner, Link Scanner, Web Shield, Firewall) even though I have only Resident Sheild & identity protection selected and none of the others.  The worst part is AVG Firewall blocks kaseya agents from talking to the server so they go offline once the new 2012 is installed either fresh or you update version 9(AVG Firewall Issue). Any 2012 installs previous to security center fix update fine and now work with security center.   This all happened since the Security Center release/fix which did work but unfortunately it broke other critical components.  I am also scared that is now doesnt look at the exclusions either since the install options are ignored.  Before the security Center release the install options worked along with exclusions, only issue seemed to be security Center. Ticket CS143751: “AVG blocking kaseya agent from talking to kserver plus installing all options instead of looking to selected install options.”   Graig Hart also mentioned he is having the same issues with new installs.