Kaseya Community

Synthetic Fulls

• If I could take just one Full backup to Onsite-Server1 and replicate it offsite to Offsite-Server1 then just from there on out take incrementals that can be rolled into the full that exists on Offsite-Server1 that would be great. It would allow for me to offer offsite DR images on a nightly schedule for customers that have limited bandwidth. This is a new feature in Acronis Echo server and I would like to see it in the next release of Kaseya.

Legacy Forum Name: Synthetic Fulls,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes
  • What you are describing is what you can already do. I think what you are asking for is the ability to merge backups together into a full backup and eliminate the incremental files that have been created. There is a feature in Echo that merges tib files into one file based on a schedule. However, it leaves all other files in place and does not do a good job of managing the files. Kaseya requested this feature and it has been delivered. However, there is still work that needs to be done to integrate into the system correctly. It will be in a future release of Kaseya BU-DR.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • When you say future release do you mean Kaseya 2008 in Q1 or is it later? If you have a method to accomplish what I need to do and it works then maybe I need to open a discussion on the regular BUDR forum.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes