Kaseya Community

Issues installing BUDR on Win 7 and Server 2008

• Hi everyone,

We are having some issues installing budr on windows 7 and server 2008 machines. I have disabled UAC, firewall, av, and set credentials correctly but whenever I try to install I get failed to install every time. I checked the temp directory and the files are making it to the machine. When I check the agent procedure log I get the following:

failed executing agent procedure "Finish Backup Installation" on 2010-07-27 09:01:46Z Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 20 Check the machine's Agent Procedure log for additional details.

Has anyone else seen this and if so what did they do to fix it?

I already logged a ticket with kaseya support but it has been a week and they haven't really been able to fix it.

Legacy Forum Name: Issues installing BUDR on Win 7 and Server 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: hullface
  • I do know that they are getting ready to release BUDR 3.2 which does address this problem and several other issues. Contact support about getting it early (maybe?).

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We have just recently started having issues. We see the following on the install screen: Failed to copy install files to patch location. I have never seen this error before. Any ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: Mssinc
  • First though is it cannot access the location you specified as the patch location (under patch mgmt). Change the patch location to directly from your K server for this machine and see if that works.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Mssinc
    We have just recently started having issues. We see the following on the install screen: Failed to copy install files to patch location. I have never seen this error before. Any ideas?

We had this after migrating to K2. Opened a ticket with support and they said "some files were missing from our server". They loaded them and it resolved that error for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Thanks for the info Coldfirex; we have just been looking at the BUDR since migrating and are/were having the same issue. The size of the Acronis exe seems to be 25MB difference - possibly the file in question?
    A bit more testing this afternoon should help identify

Legacy Posted By Username: ds_aztechit