Kaseya Community

Synthetic Full Errors

• Volume Synthetic Full 9:23:22 pm 24-Jun-10 00:00:00 - Warning
    This machine does not have enough local hard drive space to copy backups sets for a synthetic full backup. As such, synthetic full backups will be performed over the network, which may decrease reliability.

We are backing up from a workstation over the network to a NAS device. The NAS has 288GB free, is the system trying to copy all the data from the NAS where the backups are stored, back to the workstation then back to the NAS when done? If this is the case, then It sounds like I will need at least 50% of the drive available at all times to do a Synthetic.

Can anyone confirm how this works, or help with the setup so I can adjust as needed.

Legacy Forum Name: Synthetic Full Errors,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jturner
  • yes it does by default

you can change it under backup, schedule volumes, place your mouse on syn full symbol so you see the tooltip. hold down ALT and click on the symbol now.

you can select the way it performs the backup here.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • It is very hit and miss... I have 10 servers at one site all backing up to the same NAS. Only one gave me the space warning out of the 10. The offending server has as much local space as most of the others and I cant see any reason for the failure either. Will try running it for a couple weeks and see what happens. Fortunately this client is only a few blocks away so we can run over with a USB drive the sneaker net the initial full backup to the offsite location.

Legacy Posted By Username: lorreed
  • lorreed
    It is very hit and miss... I have 10 servers at one site all backing up to the same NAS. Only one gave me the space warning out of the 10. The offending server has as much local space as most of the others and I cant see any reason for the failure either. Will try running it for a couple weeks and see what happens. Fortunately this client is only a few blocks away so we can run over with a USB drive the sneaker net the initial full backup to the offsite location.

how big is the total diskspace on the offending server? and how much free space do you have there?

Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer