Kaseya Community

Backup hangs at 95%

• We are backing up a customer's server to a storage PC (Windows XP Pro).
    The server just had some disks added to its array to increase space for data.
    To accomodate, we upgraded the storage drive in the PC from a 500GB to a 2TB drive.
    All data from the original drive was transferred to the new drive.
    All security and shares have been replicated on the new drive.
    Since then, backups have been hanging at 95%.
    I've seen the KB article, and it doesn't seem to apply.
    There is no network problem between the two computers, updates on the Kaseya server are working fine.
    Any ideas to help?

Scott

Legacy Forum Name: Backup hangs at 95%,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sgold@bryley.com
  • Does it eventually succeed if you leave it go for a day or so?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bdoohaluk
  • The longest I've let it go is three days, and no, it doesn't complete. Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: sgold@bryley.com
  • There is a KB article on the support site for something similar to this - we had an issue with backups hanging at 95% and there was an update to the software not sure if it will resolve in your case but would look to see if it is similar.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Is TrueImageCmd.exe still running on the PC/server being backed up?

Also check if volBackupLog.xml exists in the PC/server's Agent Temp folder.

Lastly, is "Check TrueImageCmd Status" still running every 15 minutes in Pending Scripts?

Legacy Posted By Username: bdoohaluk
  • Ah, another one joins the fold.

I've been trying to get this issue resolved since last quarter when I opened a ticket with Kaseya Support. I've lost track on how many months it has been. I'm thinking it's around 3 or 4 at this point.

I hope you have better luck than I have.

Legacy Posted By Username: conundrum
  • I have this same issue on two servers which are trying to backup to a drive shared from another server on the network. All servers are on same LAN. And the server with the drive slaved has USB 2.0. And we've tried running it at different times but the 2 are still sticking at 95%. Has anyone had this problem with a drive slaved off the server? Because if not ill just tell him to put a drive on every server and that's just how it is but only want to tell them that if if I'm like 100% sure it will work not 95% haha.

Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net
  • tim@xxpert.net
    I have this same issue on two servers which are trying to backup to a drive shared from another server on the network. All servers are on same LAN. And the server with the drive slaved has USB 2.0. And we've tried running it at different times but the 2 are still sticking at 95%. Has anyone had this problem with a drive slaved off the server? Because if not ill just tell him to put a drive on every server and that's just how it is but only want to tell them that if if I'm like 100% sure it will work not 95% haha.

Right now, Kaseya has Acronis looking in to my issue and so the response from support is even more painfully slow since they are now acting as a middle man.

Have you tried just backing up that USB volume by itself to confirm that it is the issue and not one of the other volumes or is it the only volume you are attempting to backup?

Acronis that running chkdsk on it would resolve the issue, although I'm more inclined that they were just throwing stuff out there to give the appearance of effort, because the Asigra based software has never had a problem backing it up. And for the record, chkdsk didn't work for me. Yes, I tried it even though it seemed ridiculous; I'm at the end of my rope.

• I believe I may have resolved this issue for my particular situation. I'm doing further testing to confirm.

• conundrum
    I believe I may have resolved this issue for my particular situation. I'm doing further testing to confirm.

If so please report back on the details. I have been seeing more and more of this issue all over.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Coldfirex
    If so please report back on the details. I have been seeing more and more of this issue all over.

I definitely will. However, the volume is over 600 GB on a 2TB. It tested successfully doing a FOLDER Backup to a USB device and now I'm currently doing it as a VOLUME Backup to an iSCSI backup. It gives an estimate to be completed by tomorrow evening.

However, if you wanted to give it a shot, this is what I did:

1. Run Regedit.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    3. Edit menu > New > DWORD Value.
    4. Type PoolUsageMaximum as the entry name, and then press ENTER.
    5. Right-click PoolUsageMaximum, and then click Modify.
    6. Click Decimal.
    7. In the Value data box, type 60, and then click OK.
    8. Quit Regedit.
    9. Restart.

One thing to note, it still stayed at 95% for a few hours for me on the initial backup, but it did complete, which it never had before. The second time, since it had not changed much (only a few hundred KB), it completed quickly and without hanging at 95%.

Please post if it works for you.

• While that resolved the issue with pushing it to a local USB drive from the machine on backup, it is a complete FAIL when trying to push it to an iSCSI device on the network.

Back to the drawing board, I guess!

• I'm just going to have to breakdown and accept the fact that the BUDR is a failed product for me at this point. I am going to have to move on from using Kaseya as my BUDR solution. The 5 months I've spent trying to get this to work correctly has cost me over $10k in lost revenue from it not working properly. Because if it isn't doing what it should do, I obviously can't charge my clients. I'm making use of a program by another vendor.

I might revisit using Kaseya's product in the future should they upgrade their product and the quality of its support.

• we've been seeing this too and support is of no help and in a sense of denial. I have seriously lost faith in the Acronis/Kaseya partnership with this issue and folder backups. An all in 1 solution is what we want but at what quality?Mad

Legacy Posted By Username: mmancini
  • We're having the same issues with a folder backup to USB drive. (with the USB drive being connected to a different server in the same LAN)

It's stuck at 95% and just won't complete. I've already contacted Kaseya support but no luck so far. Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: KevinTW