Kaseya Community

BW Limit

• Anyone having any success with the BW Limit? I brought another customer online to the data center today. I set the BW Limit to 1024 and when the first backup ran from this server my data center bandwidth went to 7mb during the whole backup.

Any help would be great.
    Kerry

Legacy Forum Name: BW Limit,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kerrya
  • Did you try lowering that number, to say 50?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I will try 50 and let you know. I also open a ticket with Kaseya. It has been moved to a budr tech.
    Kerry

• I looks like 50 gets you about 1/2 mb and 100 gets you a full mb.

• For those MSP's that are doing offsite backups to a data center, what kind of bandwidth setup are you using? 5Mbps, 10Mbps? Do you cap the bandwidth or is it allowed to burst up? Doesn't this cost considerably more $$?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • I've used checkin control bandwidth management in conjunction with patch deployment for remote sites - works really well but can put extra load on the server particularly when you utilise distribute file function.

Legacy Posted By Username: tbone2345
  • BW limit is set in kBytes per second.

Internet connections are measured in Mbits per second.

8 bits to a byte, plus overhead. Keep that in mind.

1024kBytes/sec = 8Mb/s. Note capitalization, lower case b = bit, upper case B = byte. Makes a difference on the M too, but there's no such thing as a millibyte to a computer so that one is implied...

Legacy Posted By Username: dwujcik
  • dwujcik
    BW limit is set in kBytes per second.

Internet connections are measured in Mbits per second.

8 bits to a byte, plus overhead. Keep that in mind.

1024kBytes/sec = 8Mb/s. Note capitalization, lower case b = bit, upper case B = byte. Makes a difference on the M too, but there's no such thing as a millibyte to a computer so that one is implied...

We made this same mistake and was doing 1024 kBytes also. We changed it in Kaseya to like 150.

Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net