Kaseya Community

unable to install acronis

• Hi everybody,

On one of our servers which previously had no issues with backups, Acronis became corrupt and required a reinstall. A reinstall through Kaseya failed, so eventually, I removed Acronis in its entirety, rebooted, and tried a fresh manual install. Half way through the install, the uninstaller rewinds and states the operation has been interrupted and to reinstall. At this point, I performed a full manual uninstall of Acronis and SNAPAPI drivers provided by Acronis. Same thing happens when I did a manual install. I then proceeded to confirm that the SNAPAPI drivers were uninstalled fully, and even performed a manual uninstall. When I try installing the latest SNAPAPI drivers alone, same error occurs.

Anyone seen this before and have a workaround?

Thanks,

Dave

Legacy Forum Name: unable to install acronis,
    Legacy Posted By Username: daveswift
  • daveswift
    Hi everybody,

On one of our servers which previously had no issues with backups, Acronis became corrupt and required a reinstall. A reinstall through Kaseya failed, so eventually, I removed Acronis in its entirety, rebooted, and tried a fresh manual install. Half way through the install, the uninstaller rewinds and states the operation has been interrupted and to reinstall. At this point, I performed a full manual uninstall of Acronis and SNAPAPI drivers provided by Acronis. Same thing happens when I did a manual install. I then proceeded to confirm that the SNAPAPI drivers were uninstalled fully, and even performed a manual uninstall. When I try installing the latest SNAPAPI drivers alone, same error occurs.

Anyone seen this before and have a workaround?

Thanks,

Dave

I am having the same issue, trying to manually reinstall it and it fails. It has worked on an XP box here in our environment, but on the K2 server itself with no K2 or other services running to limit what the install touches, it fails. Running Server 2008 x64 SP2. Any other new on this?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JTison
  • I too have this same error. I have opened 2 cases about it with Kaseya and they keep telling me to check the patch source and run a test! I keep telling them I'm way past that and am trying to install Acronis manually then they never respond as if they forgot to escalate the ticket.

If you have a solution for this please post, I have about 10 servers that I now have manual backups running on!

Legacy Posted By Username: droland@teksinc.com
  • Can maybe give this a shot if your out of ideas.

http://kb.acronis.com/content/4117

We were using acronis through Sonicwall's branded version before we used Kaseya and I had a server that I couldnt get Acronis to install on because there must of been traces of it still installed with previous version.

Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net
  • Tim, the removal tool fixed my issues, thanks for your assistance.

Legacy Posted By Username: droland@teksinc.com