Kaseya Community

Backup failed to start. Backup may have been uninstalled by user.

• Hi,

I have a Windows 7 machine that has never backed up correctly. I get the following error when trying to run a backup through Kaseya: Backup failed to start. Backup may have been uninstalled by user.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, both manually and through Kaseya, and I get the message. I have other Windows 7 machines at the client who have no issues backing up. All settings are the same, as well as the destination. I have confirmed that Acronis is actually installed and I can even launch it if I rename trueimage.exe to something else.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Dave

Legacy Forum Name: Backup failed to start. Backup may have been uninstalled by user.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: daveswift
  • Same problem Mad

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: holger@cns.co.nz
  • As I understand it, the current version of BUDR will install on Windows 7, but will not run.

In other terms, version 9.x of Acronis does not run on Windows 7. We have to wait until BUDR utilizes version 10 of Acronis.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Just started having this problem on one of our servers today, out of the blue...

Server 2008 Standard machine (not R2)

Acronis is installed, can launch the GUI fine and ran a test backup. However the TrueImageCmd part always fails

Backup Vol Image Failed ELSE in step 41 which is the part that launches TrueImageCmd.exe

Rebooted server, uninstalled Acronis software completely, rebooted, reinstaled, verified it's installed, etc... But no dice, always fails on step 41

any ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: AltairSystems
  • Have you tried to install acronis with the none kaseya version and then try a verify to add it into the kaseay management

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Same problem here. However I discovered that if the machine is logged in as Administrator, it works fine. As a limited user, it's no-go.

Legacy Posted By Username: nes11