Kaseya Community

Synthetic Full - set the consolidation and retry count options

• On our k2 box when I go to backups and Alt+clicking the Synthetic Full backup, nothing opens up for me. What needs to be done to fix this issue?
    this is whats installed - BUDR v3.1 Installed Level 699

from k2 help
    Synthetic Full

If checked, creates a new full backup by consolidating existing incremental or differential backups with the previous base full backup image.

Note: Alt+clicking the Synthetic Full backup icon in the header panel of Schedule Volumes or Schedule Folders sets the consolidation and retry count options for synthetic full backups. If synthetic full backups are being used on a BUDR managed machine and the Image Location or Offsite Servers' local directory is a UNC path, such as \\server\share, then local consolidation is enabled by default instead of consolidation over the network. To use this robust consolidation option effectively, appropriate hard disk space is required on the managed machine. See Kaseya KB articles 311677 and 311678 for more information.

Legacy Forum Name: Synthetic Full - set the consolidation and retry count options,
    Legacy Posted By Username: wayne@mithrax.com
  • Found how I can change it.
    if the person is logged in as the master user, you can change it.
    Is there a way to allow other users to change this?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: wayne@mithrax.com