Kaseya Community

Unable to backup to image location if source is not a member of the domain...

• I've got two servers that are not joined to my domain and I'm unable to get them to backup to the "Image Location" UNC, even after assigning the domain "Login Credentials" (which the test shows as "passed"). If I manually connect to one of the servers that I want to backup, and do something like "net use t: \\server\Backup" where "\\server\backup" is the "Image Location" UNC, it will prompt for a username and password, which then works when I enter in the information manually, so I know this isn't a communication issue.

Any workarounds? I've tried creating a local account with the same name and password as the "Login Credentials" user I use for the domain, but that didn't help.

The "Image Location" screen shows "Bad Path" for those two machines (All others that are on the domain show the correct free space).

Legacy Forum Name: Unable to backup to image location if source is not a member of the domain...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft
  • I'm having the same problem with the same scenario. The server is in a workgroup and I get "Bad path" when checking the image location.

Using the same domain and local credentials worked at some point in the past but not now it seems.

When I log onto the server and try to browse to the UNC path, I get prompted for a password. I have to use a domain login there to get access. But the domain/local credentials do not work in Kaseya's check image location function.

I have tried using the IP address, multiple credentials, and checked that the server times are in sync (less than 5 minutes apart). I also tried deleting the local account on the server and recreating it, giving it the same password as the domain credentials.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mand0l3
  • instead of the UNC path, try using the IP.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    instead of the UNC path, try using the IP.

Not sure about Zestysoft, but I tried this and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

• Found my problem. Someone had deleted the local account we use for backups from the server. I was assuming the account was there!!! Eek

• I had created the local account on the system I wanted to back up, not at the destination.

Looks like the password requirement policy that was set for the destination kept the previously-installed agent from creating the local account during deployment.

Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft