Kaseya Community

Datto Backup/Zenith BUDR

• These two vendors offer a BUDR solution that has the very compelling ability to spin up the images as VM's and get the users back up and running very quickly.

Kaseya BUDR has the ability to convert images to VM's but this requires them to be copied from the NAS to a machine. With a large image, this can be a lengthy process.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this functionality will be addressed with the Kaseya solution at any point. Or, if anyone has figured out a way to do this with the current system. Maybe using a server with ESX on it instead of a NAS. (Did I just answer my own question?)

Legacy Forum Name: Datto Backup/Zenith BUDR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines@axcelltech.com
  • We use ESX. USB Flash drive to boot UP ESX Server, 160GB Drive for Virtual XP for amin purposes one 1.5TB Drive attached to XP VM to store Kaseya Backups and another 1.5TB Drive in the server to import Tib images to ESX.
    Total cost of the server with (2) 1.5TB Drives, (1) 160GB Drive, Dell Server, 6GB RAM $1K

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • What is the process/timing for spinning up the .tib files? Do they need to be converted?

• richie3333
    We use ESX. USB Flash drive to boot UP ESX Server, 160GB Drive for Virtual XP for amin purposes one 1.5TB Drive attached to XP VM to store Kaseya Backups and another 1.5TB Drive in the server to import Tib images to ESX.
    Total cost of the server with (2) 1.5TB Drives, (1) 160GB Drive, Dell Server, 6GB RAM $1K

So what is your restore time in the event of a failure? How many VM's are you able to run temporarily on the DR Box?

• Sussposedly K2 is going to start supporting some type of online backup just not for sure what that is yet and no one at Kaseya seems to know either.

At 4:05 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdD9lpreHw

Legacy Posted By Username: ebieber@engineered-solutions.com
  • Why do I want to avoid anything they'd come up with for actual DR? Roll Eyes

Legacy Posted By Username: mastermindpro