Kaseya Community

BUDR - Failed to Install

• Hi All.
    I'm in a nightmare at the moment.
    One of the servers I look after, Server 2003 R2 64 bit, used as a terminal server, has chucked it as far as Acronis goes.
    It had previously been backing up perfectly all of last year with version 9.5. Then, we got the hotfix for 9.7, and went to upgrade. On all of our managed servers, except this one, no problem at all.
    This one, it seems to have corrupted the existing Acronis installation. Support have been absolutely useless, and have closed my ticket twice without resolution. Its now 2 weeks, and still can't re-install Acronis on this machine.
    Have tried everything, even following the manual removal via registry of Acronis - yet, strangley, it's all still there, and the deleted registry keys came back????
    Has anyone else seen this?
    Confused

Legacy Forum Name: BUDR - Failed to Install,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jdavis
  • I dont see how deleted registry keys can come back. Have you tried a manual uninstall/etc in safe mode?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Nor can I.
    But, they did.
    I followed the step by step guide provided to me, deleting keys, etc, rebooted the server, and there they were again, Acronis 9.5 still sitting in add/remove programs!!?? Registry keys I'd just deleted, had returned.
    I haven't tried safe mode yet.

• Have you tried the manual install of 9.7 with the key provided and once 9.7 is installed without kaseya and once the reboot happens on server do the verify to add it into the kaseya budr.

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Yes. This also fails.
    No, its not MSI installer, that runs fine on the machine, and has been updated to the latest version.
    I'm not sure with Acronis, if it can have 2 different versions of the same product installed - but it seems not to like this.
    I suspect the entire problem I'm having, is related to the old version 9.5, not wanting to leave the machine.

• In case anyone else is interested, I eventually solved the issue.
    It was related to MSDTC log being corrupt, and somehow, the system lost security permissions to the MSDTC registry key. I've still yet to work out how that happened.