Kaseya Community

Server hanging

• Has anyone experience servers hanging after updating BUDR to 9.7? We have a few servers that are hanging and can't pin point to nothing else. No event log registered.

Legacy Forum Name: Server hanging,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jmbball87
  • I have only upgraded a couple of our servers and they appear to be working perfectly. Using both Folver and Volume backups but no VSS.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Are you using VSS?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • VSS is disabled.

Legacy Posted By Username: jmbball87
  • jmbball87
    Has anyone experience servers hanging after updating BUDR to 9.7? We have a few servers that are hanging and can't pin point to nothing else. No event log registered.

I experienced two different servers hanging after updating. Both were using VSS. I disabled VSS and no more hang ups.

Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • we have the BUDR 9.7 on servers ranging from server 2008 R2, 2008, server 2003 64 bit, server 2003 32bit and have not noticed any hanging but we have configured the servers that have the 2003 32 bit to do automatic reboots every 10 days due to the 9.5 version of BUDR would hang with the grey screen.
    Grant

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I am having similar problems but so far only on machines set for hourly incrementals. Though it could just be the increased frequency is causing the problem to manifest more quickly than others. Is there a newer/alternate version of the snapapi ? In the past versions we tried an updated one that seemed to fix the issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: lorreed