Kaseya Community

Setting up Off-Site replication

• Hi All,

We are currently using BUDR onto USB drives however we really need to get off-site working. Was after peoples opion of offsite in Kaseya and how does it go with Transferring full backups/incrementals. Most of our clients run ADSL2/2+ but some are still on ADSL1.

Thanks

Aaron

Legacy Forum Name: Setting up Off-Site replication,
    Legacy Posted By Username: fishera
  • there are lots of threads in this forum about offsite backups. Need to use synthetics to keep the bandwidth/time reasonable. Also best to seed the offsite site manually to speed things up.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gemada
  • Also make sure that you set Compression to 'High'. In my testing this has given the best balance between filesize and elapsed time.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Definetly want to seed the backup first. aka, do a backup and manually take a copy of that backup to your offsite server. I've let two servers fully transfer over the network. On a DSL it can take several days to upload.

Also consider quotas on your internet connection. With Rogers we had a 60 GB quota per month. Never have considered this in the past as we never get near it. After the 60 GB, it's $2 per GB.

Let's just say that 180 GB backup is going to cause some unexpected costs. Glad it's my own bill and I don't have to explain to a customer why their internet bill went high.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • How much did you charge for the 1st 60GB?

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl