Kaseya Community

BU-DR can't find image location

• Hi
    Hoping someone might be able to help me out with this problem - I noticed someone had a similar post from awhile back but no solution.
    I have a sever with bu-dr doing an image backup to a NAS device.
    I have sent the image location to go to following addresses but all failed
    \\nas-device-name\budr
    q:\budr
    \\192.168.0.200\budr
    all pointing to the same NAS device - the q drive was a mapping I setup on the server in desparete hope
    I log into the server remotely the second bu-dr fails and I am able to access the NAS without any lag/delays every time.
    I have checked credential test in kaseya and it passes
    this is the error that kaseya backup reports

Backup failed at 11:00:36 am 7-Jan-10
    Image location, \\192.168.0.200\budr\, not available. Verify remote machine is turned on and Set Credential is correct.

anyone with any ideas of what to try are welcome :-)
    thanks

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR can't find image location,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Zombie
  • OK, I'm going to assume that your credential works...

0. When you're looking at the Image Loctation page, do you have
    \\\\ or
    \\\\ or
    MappedDrive:\\

It makes a difference. If its the Mapped drive option, your issue is that it loses the mapping when you log off. Judging by the error, this isnt the issue...

1. When you go to the Image Location and you click the "Check" button what comes back?

2 Double check your share permissions on the NAS. make sure you can UNC into it and write files the the share.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Thanks for the reply - yes the credentials are correct but I just went into kaseya again and double checked - under agent tab, went to "set credentials" - already has passed as the status for the server but I ran a test again and it came back passed again.
    Remoted into server using the username in the credential test and checked if I could access the unc path via ip and name and both worked.

Yeah the drive mapping was just an "out of ideas" attempt...

currently I have the image location setup as \\\\
    When I run a check in image location area it tells me 357,847 MB under the free space column

It was working fine and then had first signs of problems on the 24th of decemeber where the full backup worked but the verify failed
    Then the incrementals started failing.
    I forgot to mention in my last post which is pretty important that if I set a full backup to run then it works, but the verify fails. Sorry for leaving this part out before.

It's the verify of the full backup that fails aswell as the incremental backup itself which fails 0 seconds into the backup and has the error not available. Verify remote machine is turned on and Set Credential is correct

thanks again

• Ahh, are you using VSS? if so try turning that off... There's a few posts in here where users express displeasure of using the verify option (me included). I've started doing random manual verifies...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • yup the last 2 nights incrementals have worked fine since I reset everything again except that every verify is still failing.
    Is this just a known bug with kaseya or are there bug fixes that can be tried?
    thanks