Kaseya Community

BUDR 9.7? Anyone rolled this out?

• Recieved the following error message this morning:

Volume Synthetic Full 12:29:08 pm 19-Mar-09 04:52:14 - Failed
    Backup failed - Clone ArchiveNumber of backups left: 1Type: Image

Recieved notice that this is a knonw issue and that BUDR 9.7 will fix. Anyone rolled out 9.7 yet?

Joe Axne
    IT-Guru, LLC

Legacy Forum Name: BUDR 9.7? Anyone rolled this out?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: itgurullc
  • Interesting, I've seen the same error on some of our servers. I haven't been able to spot a pattern though, it seems to come and go. We are on BUDR 3.0

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: captplanit
  • I havent heard of 9.7 offhand.
    We received a couple of these lately, but I thought it was due to low disk space on the backup destination.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Same issue on 2 server, I have plenty of Harddrive Space. Would really like to know what it means.

Legacy Posted By Username: ewelch
  • How can you/I tell which version we are running?

On my license screen, it shows Backup and Disaster Recovery: v3.0, hotfix level 358.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Install/Remove under Backup tab will show which version is installed on your Agents

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • My Install/Remove screen shows "Latest:9.5-8173"

Any idea how/where to get v9.7? Any idea of what fixes/changes are included?

Lloyd

• Same issue here, I also am running 9.581.

I had assumed that my problem was a scheduling issue, where Volume and Folder backups on the same machine were 'tripping' over each other. So BUDR 9.7 sounds like it will save me from having to go trough and reschedule everything.

As you say Lloyd we just need to work out how to get holdof a copy of 9.7

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • FYI, I submitted a ticket and asked about BUDR v9.7. Here was the response

======================
    Acronis 9.7 includes fixes for Synthetic Full backups. The release is currently in beta testing. If you are using Synthetic Full backups, and are willing to install a beta client system on any of your machines, then we can get you a link for 9.7. Let me know.
    ======================

Lloyd

• We have 9.7 installed on one agent that has been giving us fits with offsite replication and synthetic fulls. It hasn't been running long enough to tell if our problem is fixed (the synthetic fulls are never created on the offsite server, they're just replicated like every other file), but local backups have continued to work....supposedly. Eek

Legacy Posted By Username: mastermindpro
  • Hi Mastermindpro

Did 9.7 make any difference the the problems you had on that server?

• I can't tell yet. It was forced to create an entirely new set of full/incremental/synth fulls...which is taking roughly forever to replicate offsite, again... I sure wish the replication wasn't so dang slow. An FTP transfer between the two systems breaks 10Mbps, but offsite rep can barely do 2Mbps.

• Once the directory structure is created there is no reason why you cant FTP the data across, if that is quicker. A bit like doing a seed via a USB drive.

Once the base data is in place the replication will sort out the ongoing updates.

• Any news on this?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Not working yet...ticket is still open.