Kaseya Community

Going from Regular BUDR to using Offsite Replication

• Hi,

I'm new to Offsite/Local Servers and replication in BUDR. I have a couple of clients who need offsite replication, but already have BUDR set up and running fairly smoothly. One client in particular has Terrabytes of data spread over 3 or 4 servers. I would appreciate any tips for pre-seeding the offsite data location. From what i understand for the help file/user guide, the folder structure is different when using offsite replication. Do i need to manually alter it before preseeding and starting?

TIA

--acorn

Legacy Forum Name: Going from Regular BUDR to using Offsite Replication,
    Legacy Posted By Username: acorn
  • i would have it start the seeding the stop it and copy over your data. If you have not updated to V3.1 I would. It seemed to resolve our offsite replication issues on synthetic backup.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I have started replication, at one client there's around 1.7 TB of data, down to 1.5 overnight. Would stopping the replication and manually copying be any faster? I guess it would skip encryption... This initial replication is being done over Gb network but eventually be happening over T1.

Thanks, i'll upgrade to 3.1

--acorn

• i would manually copy over just to speed up the process. I am not sure the size of the incremental etc.

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Thanks for your help, I have restructured the folders so that the Image Location is a subdirectory of the local server directory. I had very strange problems with the folder structure getting all whacked. So, I'm starting over.

Thanks again

--acorn

• When the earlier poster said something like "stop the offsite replication and manually copy" they assuredly meant "with a hand-carried USB drive".

Stopping the replication, then doing a robocopy over the same link is unlikely to give any benefit - except possibly that you would have better control of which file is transferred when, but if you have issues with a lack of control in that department, you should probably reconsider using Offsite Replication in the first place Smile

-Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels