Kaseya Community

NEW BUDR released today!

• V3.1 - http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/982.aspx

Legacy Forum Name: NEW BUDR released today!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dapopa9
  • I wish it actually helped some. Unfortunately the updated version of acronis isnt event then newest build of the old version of Acronis (v10 has been out a while). This means no Windows 7/2008 R2 support among other things (especially the ability to use Windows VSS instead of the Acronis "hack").

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Since updating and upgrading a couple of clients I get a page cannot be displayed error on the Backup-Install/Remove page. Anyone else experiencing it? I will be putting in a ticket today

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • We upgraded 5 servers and everything worded for us. Even the synthetic offsite backup. It did give an error saying that the local machine did nit have sufficient drive space so doing a network etc. But atleast we did not have to go onsite and copy off 60gb of data. Time will tell if problem with synthetic offsite is fixed or just better or the same

Grant

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Just about to put in a support ticket and it is magically working again.....go figure

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • when they say the consolidation is done locally and then transferred offsite doesn't that defeat the purpose off offsite synthetics (i.e. to reduce data transfer)? or am i not reading the release notes incorrectly?

Legacy Posted By Username: gemada
  • gemada
    when they say the consolidation is done locally and then transferred offsite doesn't that defeat the purpose off offsite synthetics (i.e. to reduce data transfer)? or am i not reading the release notes incorrectly?

It certainly sounds like that would defeat the purpose of synthetic full backups if the full is synthesized locally and then sent out. Doesn't make sense.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • can anyone confirm this???

Legacy Posted By Username: gemada
  • That would be...insane. Makes me very worried that our new service would be shot down before it's even taken off.

Legacy Posted By Username: oliverm
  • They mean done locally on the server. If there is enough room on the local server, it will copy the files up to it temporarily, perform the collapse, then copy them back to the NAS or whatever you're backing up your images to. It will do this both locally and offsite. If you do not have enough local storage it will continue to perform the synthetic backup on the NAS/backup target.

Legacy Posted By Username: jviggiano
  • So, for those of us that have the local server onsite at the clients and then provide off site backup services, does this mean that they will now be pushing the whole full backup out over the internet rather than just the incrementals ?

Olly

Legacy Posted By Username: oliverm
  • We are ready to install the new version on our server, but want to make sure that nobody is having any serious issues? We are a bit gun shy as the last time we upgraded BUDR all settings/schedules were wiped out.

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • For us the install went ok, we have a 2008 R2 server that backups ok and tested the offsite backups from the office but when I try to run the trueimage.exe on the server to run a restore we get an error that says that this version is incompatible. I have logged a ticket with support last week but I have not heard anything back.

Grant

• For us the install went ok, we have a 2008 R2 server that backups ok and tested the offsite backups from the office but when I try to run the trueimage.exe on the server to run a restore we get an error that says that this version is incompatible. I have logged a ticket with support last week but I have not heard anything back.

Grant

• oliverm
    So, for those of us that have the local server onsite at the clients and then provide off site backup services, does this mean that they will now be pushing the whole full backup out over the internet rather than just the incrementals ?

Olly

No, you will push the initial full image just as you always did, then you only copy incrementals as the synthetic full performs on both ends. The only difference is if there is enough space on the local hard drive of the server doing the offsite replication, it will copy the previous set to itself and create the synthetic backup on the local storage rather than on the NAS, then once it's done it will copy back up to the NAS.

Legacy Posted By Username: jviggiano