Kaseya Community

Offsite question

• Howdy,

We currently are using BUDR for several of our clients and then using offsite replication. We are wondering if there would be any method to only offsite the most recent backup set (we usually have 2 onsite). The only way I see this happening is if we backup again onsite and only offsite this. In most situations this would not be feasible.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Offsite question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • You could ftp (i say ftp because it can be a scripted solution) a set offsite, just grab the files within a specific date range of being modified.

It would take some doing but that might be an option.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • That could be a possibility. Has anyone else tried to accomplish this before by chance?

• Couple more of us looking for the same thing under a different thread. The problem with dates is we would want to select the latest backups each week so the dates (and therefore the foldernames) would always be changing.

Scripting the data transfer is straightforward, it is how to choose what will be transferred that is stumping me. There has to be a way to do it in vbscript, I am simply not adept enough with vbs to write a script that checks the current date and chooses the folder closest to that date

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • @Coldfirex, Sorry, I wasnt paying attention to this thread... There's so much fun to be had here!... Any ways, yes, I do an ftp for some off site. My explination is in another thread. Theres also another way, (similar), that was presented to me via PM in here. let me get the posters permission to pass it on to you.

• thirteentwenty
    @Coldfirex, Sorry, I wasnt paying attention to this thread... There's so much fun to be had here!... Any ways, yes, I do an ftp for some off site. My explination is in another thread. Theres also another way, (similar), that was presented to me via PM in here. let me get the posters permission to pass it on to you.

Can you post this solution please?

• Coldfirex
    Can you post this solution please?

It would be up to the owner of the product to post, not me, sorry... I thought I PM'd it to you... if not let me know and I'll PM it.