Kaseya Community

Not enough time to Replicate Backup

• I've got a .5TB database I need to replicate to my Offsite Backup location, namely my office. I was able to create the original backup and replicate once, a couple of weeks ago which took a week. It then stopped replicating.

I checked on the Local Server and it sayes it has 469GB left. This happened last week and it didn't have time to finish so I beleive it aborted.

According to the scheduler settings I can't create a single backup if I am using the dynamic updating. Which I believe would be the best way to restore if I need to.

I tried to copy the original backup to an external drive at the Local Site, and bring it backup Off Site and add to my Off Site Server. But I was never really able to add incrementals to it.

Any one have any suggestions? I know this isn't rocket science, but I just can't get this project off the ground (no pun intended).

Any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Not enough time to Replicate Backup,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • Sansman
    I tried to copy the original backup to an external drive at the Local Site, and bring it backup Off Site and add to my Off Site Server. But I was never really able to add incrementals to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regarding the attempt to copy the original backup to an external drive at the Local Site, and bring it backup Off Site and add to my Off Site Server.... you might want to review the following Kaseya KB article. I beleiev someoen else posted it a few weeks ago, and it helped them solve a simialr problem.

Setup offsite replication in BUDR with initial manual seeding
    Article # 308395
    http://portal.knowledgebase.net/display/2/index.asp?c=13584&cpc=VmyPDB553qMt523R1NY530wvqQ4UxgJ6eu2xljWW&cid=11855&cat=&catURL=&r=0.6182672

Just a suggestion. Hope it helps l

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Unfortunately, unless you are willing to live with an infinite number of incrementals, at some point in the near future, you are going to need to create a new base tib file. Acronis in Kaseya now has the synthetic compression feature where it creates a new base tib from the original plus all of the incrementals, but I haven't fooled much with it. I was never clear on how much of the incremental data remains (IOW, I wouldn't want to compress all the way up to present, in case I would want to roll back a few days to pick up a deleted file.)

My suggestion would be to set your offsite server up on site and do all of your tests at wire speed before dragging the whole shebang offsite and have to labor through internet speeds to get it done.

Let us know how it works out.

Randy

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rcspang