Kaseya Community

Failed to find hard disk 1

• HI chaps

I'm seeing a problem on our first test BUDR machine. Whenever we try a full backup we get an error shown which says;

Backup failed - Failed to find hard disk 1.

If we try at the partition level then we get;

Backup failed - Failed to find partition C:.

The disk number and partitions show up in the BUDR section against the machine entry, so it's clearly seeing them normally. The machine has been rebooted about 20 times so far but that hasn't helped.

Any way I can find out more about the cause of the issue? The log screen is fairly useless.

Olly

Legacy Forum Name: Failed to find hard disk 1,
    Legacy Posted By Username: oliverm
  • Run acronis manually from the test machine (run trueimage.exe from the c:\program files\acronis\true image server) and try to send a job over. Let's see if the problem is with K or with Acronis.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Thanks for the tip. Acronis itself worked fine. However, I tried a folder backup via BUDR and that told me the credentials set in kaseya didnt have admin rights on this machine. I made the credentials domain admins and its now backing up fine.

I'll tweak the permissions on the account when the test is finished.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: oliverm
  • oliverm
    Thanks for the tip. Acronis itself worked fine. However, I tried a folder backup via BUDR and that told me the credentials set in kaseya didnt have admin rights on this machine. I made the credentials domain admins and its now backing up fine.

I'll tweak the permissions on the account when the test is finished.

Thanks

I had the same problem and changed it to the domain admin - all OK now Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: jpdp
  • Everytime I have seen this failure it has been due to the new version of BUDR being installed and the machine not being rebooted afterwards.

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • I have rebooted several times after install physical and schedued and still no luck. It seems to fail at about 2:32 everytime. logs look like below.

Volume Full 12:07:44 pm 24-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 10:08:20 am 24-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 10:03:48 am 24-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 9:45:54 am 24-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 1:07:06 pm 21-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 1:00:42 pm 21-Sep-09 00:00:00 - Failed
    Image location, \\alwkstn\backupz\, not available. Verify remote machine is turned on and Set Credential is correct.

Volume Full 10:07:17 am 21-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 6:11:10 pm 18-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 5:15:09 pm 18-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Volume Full 3:53:35 pm 18-Sep-09 00:02:32 - Failed

Legacy Posted By Username: sccomputers
  • There is a KB article for these issues, but I dont remember the number. If you have rebooted then I suggest you make sure the set credential is correct and also that the user is a local admin on the machine. You might also want to check and make sure there are no strange permissions set on the disk. I had a case where one partition kept failing such as yours and it ended up being the former IT had removed all permissions from the D:\ and set everyone to read/write only. Make sure your account has full control.

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston