Kaseya Community

Folder backups seem to fail on files, pdf, pics etc.

• I'm always getting these on backing up server folders. Anyone else coming accross this and have you found a fix? I have ran disk check used max compression and minimum compression. Is there s fix?

Backup failed - Failed to perform the file backup. - Failed to backup file or folder C:\Accounting Department\Jackie\SF PO\PO1786.pdf. Error reading the file. (0x40001) Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0AF4 (0x1003EB) Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC01 -- Consider running chkdsk.exe on this disk

Legacy Forum Name: Folder backups seem to fail on files, pdf, pics etc.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: alfuller
  • Does anybody know about this error. I am having the same error with one file?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pcking
  • We see this every now and then. It is usually a corrupt file or resolved through chkdsk. Can you open the file and see if it works correctly?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I run into two things with Folder backups that result in that error. Either the file is corrupt and 'chkdsk' fixes it, as the error indicates... or you've asked too much of Acronis' folder backups. It seems to choke past a certain number of files/directories... and no, I don't know how big the practical upper limit is. Past a certain point, lately, we simply go with a full image backup and restrict folder backups to only a few key critical locations.

Even a user's profile directory on a workstation is often "too much" for Acronis in folder mode. No idea.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck