Kaseya Community

BUDR Failing everything [:(]

• Alright...I have a problem that is hairpulling for me.

I've installed BUDR on select agents within our own office. We purchased a Myworld External harddrive from WD as the backup hdd.

At first, it ran perfectly. Was able to do full/incremental/anything else backups and have it restore flawlessly.

Now, when I started these backups...I had not specified a password. I figured for testing purposes it really didnt matter.

The next day in the office, i attempt to back up another machine for redundant verifcation. It can't find the External....but it could just be network problems.

It isn't. I could easily connect to it without any hitches. So I found this to be weird.

I head back on the original machine that I know works and wanted to verify that it was still working. It wasn't.

It could find the hdd though....and it started to create the *.tib file....but only partial way before an error would happen stating that it didn't have the proper credentials to touch that file.

In short...No other computers can find/place their backups anywhere...and the one computer that can is creating a backup file that after 2 seconds is inaccesible due to password protections.

I'm not really sure what to do. Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. Smile

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: BUDR Failing everything :(,
    Legacy Posted By Username: icrook
  • create a ticket and add as much detail as you can.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Check to make sure your NAS unit does not have Recycle Bin enabled. I have seen the NAS fill up, holding old jobs in trash can, and choking out the drive space. All the BUDR units quite working. Nothing indicated the NAS drives were full.

Disable the NAS trash can so it will autodelete & purge old backup jobs without consuming drive space, delete what is in the NAS trash can and recheck your path & pw.

Hope it helps

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • kaseya
    create a ticket and add as much detail as you can.

Thanks

I think I will.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: icrook