Kaseya Community

Large Database for Off Site Replication

• Hi All,

I am trying create a Replication of a backup for a customer that has a SQL Database of 550GB (and growing). This is a Health Care Group that has normal business office hours. There is not enough time to create the original backup over a weekend. Saturday is needed to create a full onsite image backup, which takes the whole day (22 Hours).

1. Can I manually copy the image from the customers site and carry it back to my office then manually install the data to the Remote Replication Server? or any variation?

2. If not, Can I bring the Remote Replication Server to the Customers site Change the IP address of the Remote Replication Server and run the replication from on site?

3. Does anyone have a better way?

Legacy Forum Name: Large Database for Off Site Replication,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • You should be able to "seed" the offsite. (manually copy the image from the customers site and take it back to you office any copy the data to the Remote Replication Server)

Then configure Offsite replication in BUDR. It *should* recognize the base image file is already there, and just start copying the incrementals across the WAN.

Hoep this helps!

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Thank You Lloyd, I was hoping I could do that, I will try it this afternoon.

John

Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • You are welcome. Good luck. Please report back on the results - either way.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf